GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS 510 sw4366 and updated Navteq Maps?

MikeRock98

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, listen, I do not have 8213 (V9m) available. If someone wants to rip and pass it along then I would be happy to host for people.

If not, I would need 5 guys willing to go in $25 each and I can purchase and host as I have been doing. I just can't shell out $125 + shipping I imagine for a map update at this time.

Thanks and hope everyone is doing well!

You will this afternoon my friend....thanks for sharing in the past.....time to pay it forward....uploading it now as i post this

mk3vr6me

Ready to race!
You will this afternoon my friend....thanks for sharing in the past.....time to pay it forward....uploading it now as i post this

Thanks Mike! Your efforts are appreciated as well. Many folks here will be extremely happy with the most current maps on their RNS-510's.

I'll keep everyone posted when I'm 100% good to go. :thumbsup:

MikeRock98

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Mike! Your efforts are appreciated as well. Many folks here will be extremely happy with the most current maps on their RNS-510's.

I'll keep everyone posted when I'm 100% good to go. :thumbsup:

Done....enjoy the new maps everyone! thanks for sharing in the past!

mk3vr6me

Ready to race!
Maps are uploaded and ready to rock! Anyone who wants the latest V9 maps please PM me.

All I ask is some beer money for helping the community out as I have been. I respond quickly to PMs and help in any way possible. Procedure for download/burning is found a few pages back. So please read before asking me.

Big shout out to Mike for making it happen. We all appreciate it man!

Edit: Burned maps and installed just fine last night in the Jetta!

Last edited:

MikeRock98

Passed Driver's Ed
Maps are uploaded and ready to rock! Anyone who wants the latest V9 maps please PM me.

All I ask is some beer money for helping the community out as I have been. I respond quickly to PMs and help in any way possible. Procedure for download/burning is found a few pages back. So please read before asking me.

Big shout out to Mike for making it happen. We all appreciate it man!

Edit: Burned maps and installed just fine last night in the Jetta!

I figured the rip was good....when i updated mine i used my own rip instead of the disc i was allowed to copy....

Funny thing is: the instructions that came with the disc said the disc was protected, and would cause a bricked 510 if copied.....I Looked over disc....no such protection.

Seller: americanh3art918 - selling a copy of a disc and even writing that coping will causing bricking on the instructions is shady as all hell!

I guess it helps that in my day job i write custom certificate algorithms for a large fortune 500 company! LOL

Glad the rip worked for you and will for the community

mk3vr6me

Ready to race!
Hey Guys,

So far so good with many users reporting success. Hope everyone is enjoying the V9 maps.

I have a user who is just stuck and can't get a working copy of the V9 maps to burn correctly. Would anyone in this thread be able to help him out. We would both appreciate it very much. He would just like a working copy sent to him and he'll send it back.

Any takers? He's U.S. based I believe. His username on here is: herbert68

Any help would be amazing guys as I've tried and helped so many on here. :thumbsup:

herbert68

Hey Guys,

So far so good with many users reporting success. Hope everyone is enjoying the V9 maps.

I have a user who is just stuck and can't get a working copy of the V9 maps to burn correctly. Would anyone in this thread be able to help him out. We would both appreciate it very much. He would just like a working copy sent to him and he'll send it back.

Any takers? He's U.S. based I believe. His username on here is: herbert68

Any help would be amazing guys as I've tried and helped so many on here. :thumbsup:

Thank you mk3vr6me. Yes, I'm in the US and I'll be very happy if someone out there is willing to share a working 8213 US Map update DVD. I will return it as soon as the install completes, or I'll share it on, whichever way you prefer.

Thank you!

mk3vr6me

Ready to race!
Hey Herbert, Enthwar is going to reach out to you once his is finished with his disc. He said he will hook you up. He cannot post here at the moment because he is a new user.

saragon1

I have firmware 5378 if anyone is interested. Available only for head units with HW21 SW4369, basically headunits with ssd. Send me a pm

Last edited:

mrhappy

Passed Driver's Ed
So I've gotten the DVD from another forum and I burned the iso on a disc. Can't seem to complete the update, would just go and go and go and never complete. I've let it go for more than a week now (normal driving, etc.)

Yesterday I got fed up and ejected the disc. Now I dont have maps anymore on the unit. I burned another disc tonight and will try again tomorrow. Hopefully tis time around it is good. If there is anything can I get someone to share the maps with me? Maybe my copy is bad?

Thx. also, any tips on maximizing my success for the update?

saragon1

Had that issue when I updated my maps I ejected the disc and tried again. I had it stay on with acc power which took about an hour, i had better success with one continuous install than on off.

I went out to the car and several times to make sure it was in fact installing by attempting to eject the disc. it game me a warning and asked if I wanted to continue with the install or eject.

mk3vr6me

Ready to race!
Had that issue when I updated my maps I ejected the disc and tried again. I had it stay on with acc power which took about an hour, i had better success with one continuous install than on off.

I went out to the car and several times to make sure it was in fact installing by attempting to eject the disc. it game me a warning and asked if I wanted to continue with the install or eject.

This^

Assuming you have a successful burn this is how you want to install it. Set aside an hour - hour and a half on the safe side. Let your car sit in your driveway on acc power and start the install. Keep checking periodically if the screen went off. If it goes off just hit the power button and it will resume. Eventually that progress bar will hit the end.
Good luck!

mrhappy

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys! Finally burned another DVD last night with ImgBurn instead of CDBurnerXP and got the maps installed this morning on my drive to work.

I wouldn't take a chance and leave the car on ACC because the last months were crazy in Montreal with temperatures in the lows -25C averaging -15C at best. So anyways, it's done! The key is IMGBurn (I wont take any more chances).

If anybody local wants the maps, PM me.