GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S3 intercooler vs. Stock

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
the cheapest way to do it (if buying the s3 hoses instead of cutting your stock ones) is to get the intercooler off ECS tuning and then buy the hoses and TOP on AWE. It's like $5XX

gh172

Ready to race!
You can get the Forge Twintake for $719 at ECS at the moment.

gh172

Ready to race!
the cheapest way to do it (if buying the s3 hoses instead of cutting your stock ones) is to get the intercooler off ECS tuning and then buy the hoses and TOP on AWE. It's like $5XX

Doesn't ECS also sell the S3 with the hoses and TOP for a similar price.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
but why? lol... ;)

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was talking about the Twintercooler. If anyone is buying an intake for 719 doll hairs they should be punched in the face immediately.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
true, but even the twintercooler...I'm sorry, but that thing is just stupid, imho, lol... you could get the eurojet or even the S3 probably flows more, who knows... it just seems like more of a gimmick.

gh172

Ready to race!

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't ECS also sell the S3 with the hoses and TOP for a similar price.

No, it's actually cheaper to buy them sepearately because AWE is having a sale right now. ECS sells the intercooler with the hoses for $529.95 and awe sells it for $625 with the hoses. So it's cheapest to buy the intercooler for $289.95 from ECS, and then go to AWE and buy the hoses for $125.96. So you're getting the kit for $415.91. You should throw in the TOP while your installing the intercooler, it doesn't really make any sense not to, and that's $152.96 from AWE. So you can buy the s3 intercooler, s3 hose kit, and AWE TOP for $568.87, which is a fantastic deal:thumbup:

gh172

Ready to race!
No, it's actually cheaper to buy them sepearately because AWE is having a sale right now. ECS sells the intercooler with the hoses for $529.95 and awe sells it for $625 with the hoses. So it's cheapest to buy the intercooler for $289.95 from ECS, and then go to AWE and buy the hoses for $125.96. So you're getting the kit for $415.91. You should throw in the TOP while your installing the intercooler, it doesn't really make any sense not to, and that's $152.96 from AWE. So you can buy the s3 intercooler, s3 hose kit, and AWE TOP for $568.87, which is a fantastic deal:thumbup:

The ECS kit also includes what appears to be a high flow turbo discharge pipe. The hose kit at awe doesn't .

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Wow it looks like ECS finaly lowered there shipping price.

When i was searching last year it was 70.00 to shipped.

So i search for the lowest price and at the time it was genuineaudiparts so i guess now it looks like every vendor has resonable prices

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
^^^I personally would buy the hoses just for the fact that when I'm done with the car and want to sell the intercooler, I can sell it with the correct s3 hoses, and still put on my stock intercooler with the original hoses. It's just my preference..

killfish

Ready to race!
Do you think it's worth removing the S3 intercooler when you sell? It's like 300 hundred bucks brand new, so it's not like your going to get a lot of cash for it. Plus, it's an OEM part - it might actually a nice selling point for someone in Florida. Just a thought, obviously do whatever you like.

snowboardgti

Ready to race!
other than immediate correct fitment, are there any other benefits to using those fancy hoses or is it just marketing gimmicks?