GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Saggy Headliner Touch-up DIY?

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Agreed Wabbit!

Riceburner... not sure if you all use the same airbag covers as the mk6's but good luck getting those out without them breaking lol. I broke 5/6 and my new ones just got delivered today from aliexpress at $5 per.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Agreed Wabbit!

Riceburner... not sure if you all use the same airbag covers as the mk6's but good luck getting those out without them breaking lol. I broke 5/6 and my new ones just got delivered today from aliexpress at $5 per.
I glued strong Earth magnets on the back of those airbag tabs worked like a charm.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Agreed Wabbit!

thanks, miraculously i got everything out already with minimal clip damage! appreciate the 'per' ending your sentence (donut media anyone?)

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Agreed Wabbit!

I broke 4 of the 6 Air Bag screw covers and think I’ll just try double sided tape to replace hold them in place. Removing and reinstalling the headliner was a PITA. Especially the six clips near the front windshield. I can see why some upholstery shops are concerned with the flat wires. The vanity light wires were also a pain to unclip. Glad it’s over and my headliner lights still work 😅

riceburner

Autocross Champion
yes, truth be told i couldn't believe what a pain in the ass it was to remove the headliner all said and done. so many wires, screws and tabs holding it in.