GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sale: Wavetrac LSD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Dude,

It isn't nice to write these in their Group Buy Thread! Have you had bad experience with their products or only read about it?

First hand experience....Wavetrac diff locks left to right left to right constantly while spinning in a straight line instead of a solid lock....if you understand what I am saying

Betogli

Ready to race!
First hand experience....Wavetrac diff locks left to right left to right constantly while spinning in a straight line instead of a solid lock....if you understand what I am saying

Yes I do man, and I have been waiting to buy a LSD for my car since a long time ago! Was it a defective LSD? Did Wavetrack helped you out with this issue?

Thanks,

Beto

Racing Lifestyle

Passed Driver's Ed
Why WaveCrap? How about Peloquin?

I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with your Wavetrac. Was it also in your GTI? Could I hear more in detail as to what happened and how did Wavetrac deal with your situation?

We were sold on to Wavetrac with it's innovative technology and that we have only seen great reviews with them. They also back up their product with a lifetime warranty that is also transferable to the next owner.

Betogli

Ready to race!
I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with your Wavetrac. Was it also in your GTI? Could I hear more in detail as to what happened and how did Wavetrac deal with your situation?

We were sold on to Wavetrac with it's innovative technology and that we have only seen great reviews with them. They also back up their product with a lifetime warranty that is also transferable to the next owner.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

smokey24

Ready to race!
Patrick,

Do you have a recommended shop in the Bay Area, CA that can install the 02E DSG FWD? My thought this was tricky and expensive.

Giac is in LA area. U CAN always contact them and ask where they got theres installed at. They never had a problem with theres and performed excellent on the track. Just a thought. Theyd def be a trustworthy source to get a great install.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion

It is just the nature of Wavetrac's design how their diff will work without load on one wheel

Wasn't my car but I first noticed it in the passenger seat it doesn't ever lock both sides together it just sends power left to right to left to right etc etc all the while the steering wheel getting pulled as the power was transferred

Racing Lifestyle

Passed Driver's Ed
It is just the nature of Wavetrac's design how their diff will work without load on one wheel

Wasn't my car but I first noticed it in the passenger seat it doesn't ever lock both sides together it just sends power left to right to left to right etc etc all the while the steering wheel getting pulled as the power was transferred

Hmm.. interesting. The Wavetrac LSD isn't a locking differential so I don't expect it to lock both sides ever and I think that is intended. However, I was speaking with Wavetrac and they say that it shouldn't be shifting power left and right repeatedly like that. Putting power down to any said wheel and transition between wheels should be smooth and the steering will shouldn't be jerking around.

Has your friend talked with Wavetrac? I'm quite confident that they would try to help your friend out with the situation, especially if the LSD is defected.

We actually had one of our Porsche customers receive a diff that wasn't working correctly. Wavetrac fixed that owner's problems at no additional cost to said owner. They are more than willing to help their customer if the customer is willing to work with them.

I am still very confident about Wavetrac and my mk6 GTI will have one installed shortly too.

Racing Lifestyle

Passed Driver's Ed
Good news everyone!

I've talked it out with management and we'll be changing this from a GB to a sale! We understand it's a huge cost especially since it's best done while you're getting the clutch replaced.

No one wants to just buy it and then have it sitting around so we're changing it to a sale thread so when you do upgrade your clutch, you can get the LSD done at the same time.

Cheers,
Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.