GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

save it for the track

spiker369

on air, don't care
I just want to start off stating this is a serious thread..

Anyways, I’m not sure how many of you have access or even keep up with the south florida news (especially with the riots and everything going on nation wide) but this past week there was a fatal accident on i595.
Long story short, there were two people racing and cut off an 18 year old girl who slammed into the median and ricocheted across the high way, she was then hit by another vehicle and didn't make it..
The girl who lost her life too soon was actually my girlfriend (of 6 years) sister. This entire thing has been extremely hard on us all as I'm sure you guys can imagine.

It’s gut wrenching to know a life was cut so short, and even more when it impacts you so close to home. I’m a wreck and can only imagine how long it will be until her mother, brother, and sister recover.

I absolutely love this community and know there are tons of good people here. I would just like to be able to spread the word and ask that if you’re able to, take the racing to a track or at least just be safe about it all. The racers that ended her life were racing in and out of traffic. Be safe. Use common sense. Spend time with loved ones and make sure they know you love them.

I also know this community has helped other members in huge ways before. I recall us helping many contests like winning a member a full suspension setup and so on. On that note, I would just like to ask that if you’re able to donate it would mean the world to us (do not if you’re in a financial bind yourself). The donations will be going towards the funeral (which is actually being held the day before mother’s day.).

Here is a link to a gofundme page if you are able to donate. http://www.gofundme.com/castor

Also here is the news article for anyone that wants to read up more on it: SunSentinel.

And thank you to GunKata for giving me permission to post this. If at any time the comments get out of control or anything, feel free to lock/delete the thread. I just need to get this out there.

Thanks everyone,
Kyle Anderson (spiker369)

Last edited:

ThatVWGuy

Ready to race!
I am sorry for your loss Kyle. Thanks for taking the time to share your story and to remind us all of why street racing is so dangerous and unnecessary. There are places to test your skills against other racers and the street isn't one of them. My thoughts are with you and the family of your girlfriend's sister.

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
So sorry for your loss man. Your advice will be taken very seriously here I promise you that.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry for the loss! Unnecessary to be racing when there is traffic around, prolly some teenagers that think they are bad asses. That really frustrates me that a life had to end because of a bad choice made by two people. Especially when it could have been prevented!

Sent from my iPhone

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
That's terrible. I'm sorry for your loss, Kyle.

phant0m

Ready to race!
I always get very pissed when I see people drag racing/driving recklessly on public roads with other people around.

This is such a tragedy, my deepest condolences to you and Julie's family.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
Sorry for the loss! Unnecessary to be racing when there is traffic around, prolly some teenagers that think they are bad asses. That really frustrates me that a life had to end because of a bad choice made by two people. Especially when it could have been prevented!

Sent from my iPhone
Its unnecessary to be racing on the street no matter the traffic conditions. You have absolutely zero control over way to many variables to make it even remotely safe.

OP sorry for your loss.

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
Sorry for you loss Kyle. I hope they are at least able to prosecute the idiots involved somehow...even if it won't fix much.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Man, that's awful to hear. I hope those idiots who caused this will get a huge karma that they will remember for life. Keep your head up

I also lost a good friend of mine that I haven't seen in years hit head on by some undecided women driver doing a last minute turn onto this bike.

411big

Ready to race!
My heart goes out to you and your loved ones, I lost my aunt and 2 little cousins because of a racing collision. There is no words that can explain the feelings when something that horrible happens. Only time will heal. I'm sorry man.