34.2 KB · Views: 230

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Uh why? That looks like a 2016 GTI S

northerndancer

I was at the scene of one of the assaults
it was very concerning.

the police haven’t properly identified the vehicle, imo
I believe those oem wheels are year/model unique but I don’t have your expertise

thanks

5A756E32-EE18-41F2-981E-0B7487648179.jpeg

Last edited:

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Those are definitely the Detroit wheels on the mk6 gti. Also, the fog light on the front shows it as a mk6 as well. It may have a spoiler extension but I can't tell for sure with the picture. Hard to say the exact year but it'll range from 2009-2014. Good luck catching this asshat

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Those are definitely the Dallas wheels on the mk6 gti. Also, the fog light on the front shows it as a mk6 as well. It may have a spoiler extension but I can't tell for sure with the picture. Hard to say the exact year but it'll range from 2009-2014. Good luck catching this asshat
Hatch spoiler threw me off.... tails are definitely mk6

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Those are definitely the Dallas wheels on the mk6 gti. Also, the fog light on the front shows it as a mk6 as well. It may have a spoiler extension but I can't tell for sure with the picture. Hard to say the exact year but it'll range from 2009-2014. Good luck catching this asshat

I was about to post all this except I thought they were Detroit wheels.

AM407

Autocross Champion
Those are definitely the Detroit wheels on the mk6 gti. Also, the fog light on the front shows it as a mk6 as well. It may have a spoiler extension but I can't tell for sure with the picture. Hard to say the exact year but it'll range from 2009-2014. Good luck catching this asshat

Yeah, MK6 GTI, but in North America the model years were 2010-14. It went on sale fall of 2009, but still model year 2010.

And kind of hard to make out, but is that a 3-door in the picture? I’m not 100% sure, but IIRC they dropped the 3-door for 2014, so that would narrow it down a bit to 2010-13.

northerndancer

thanks guys

I am in continued discussion with the detectives and caught the 2010 part.

I also understand the Detroit wheels were optional 2010/11 and standard 2012- 14 so potentially 2012 - 14 more likely?

I should be getting additional photos and will update this post.

AM407

Autocross Champion
IIRC they actually dropped the Detroits for 2014, so that would also narrow it down to 2010-13.

And yeah, they were optional for 2010-11, but I’d say most cars had them. I’ve got the standard wheels (Denvers) and I almost never see those. For sure there was nothing rare about Detroits in those years.

It’s a very common wheel. Probably the “regular” MK6 GTI wheel, if you will. Not sure that you could say 2010-11 is any more or less likely than 2012-13 based just on that.

Edit: Just looked, and apparently in the U.S. they made Detroits standard starting in 2011, not 2012.

Last edited:

The Dude

Autocross Champion
How much is the wager that he's got a VW tattoo there on his right arm? It's fuzzy, but I'd put money on it. Also, guarantee he's balding and probably a beer snob based on the hat. Probably an iPhone user too. I hope you catch the prick.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, MK6 GTI, but in North America the model years were 2010-14. It went on sale fall of 2009, but still model year 2010.

And kind of hard to make out, but is that a 3-door in the picture? I’m not 100% sure, but IIRC they dropped the 3-door for 2014, so that would narrow it down a bit to 2010-13.
Good call on the 3 door as that does not look like the 4 door model after you pointed that out.

OP, keep us updated. Maybe set up a spot where we can all meet up and kick the shit out of this guy then talk shop after (at a socially safe distance). But for real, good luck. Hope what little info we've given helps