GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shaking against brake pedal

Phil0814

Weird title, I know. My wife was driving my 2013 Golf R last week (all down hill from here...LOL) and hit a big pothole on the Raging River bridge transition on southbound Hwy18. Now, upon startup, as my foot is firmly on the brake pedal, the engine or exhaust or transmission is shaking against the master cylinder or something. Anyone else ever have this happen? Gonna jack it up and inspect it soon. Thanks!
2665A9DD-C0D0-4D23-8D3F-CCAA1B840BF2.jpeg

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Guess if it was a big enough pot hole any kind of damage could happen... check the engine and transmission mounts for play. Hope its nothing serious

R^2

Ready to race!
aftermarket intake? Could the intake be vibrating against the MC? Sounds like something has shifted. Engine/trans mounts, subframe, etc. Does the car track straight, no alignment issues. Does it get worse when driving or is it something you only notice when stopped?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
aftermarket intake? Could the intake be vibrating against the MC? Sounds like something has shifted. Engine/trans mounts, subframe, etc. Does the car track straight, no alignment issues. Does it get worse when driving or is it something you only notice when stopped?

Everytime I see one of these posts I swear like 90% of the time its the intake touching the master cyl or brake lines.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Everytime I see one of these posts I swear like 90% of the time its the intake touching the master cyl or brake lines.

My thoughts as well. Had same issue. Popped hood, jiggled the intake a bit and it went away, lol. VWs...