GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shifter bushings

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Just had my clutch done and in the process the shifter cables got a bit tweaked....curious if anyone would recommend anything else that would assist in the mechanics....currently running BFI knob and Boomba adapter....was thinking about bushings to help the cabling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smoriarty

Passed Driver's Ed
Solid bushings helps a lot. Made shifting tighter and more direct.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I did all my levers and bushings at the same time so I can't comment on just the bushings, but I know there is less play with them and they're worth the $30-40

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Any links for kits you guys have used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrodee

Ready to race!

erikweber321

Ready to race!
The credo for shift upgrades are:

Smfw
Bleeder valve delay removal
Clutch stop
Metal shift bushings
Short throw if you want

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

symbiotix

Passed Driver's Ed
The 42dd instructions are not complete... I just finished installing them an hour ago. I was soooo absolutely frustrated with the instructions (or lack thereof). There is a thread on here or Vortex which outlines the fact that after install you need to re-set the shifter position using or you wont get into gear properly.... 42DD failed to mention this in their instructions. Find that thread... It is infinitely more helpful than their instructions.

ps. I installed 42dd endlink bushings and USP shift bracket bushings at same time.

edit: found it for you. Read it thoroughly before purchasing. The install is not hard if you follow this guys pics.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-(Review-and-Install)-S3-TT-S-Shifter-content