GOLFMKV

Show Me Your Dash Cams!

jshay

Go Kart Champion
I spy with my little eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jshay

Go Kart Champion
That sir is a reflection of the garage door opener hAhaha! Loving the camera so far. Definitely picks up on all my rattles in the interior though.

I'm going to try to tinker with it so it stays on until my battery is at 11.6V

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
That sir is a reflection of the garage door opener hAhaha! Loving the camera so far. Definitely picks up on all my rattles in the interior though.

I'm going to try to tinker with it so it stays on until my battery is at 11.6V

Lol I see what it is now!

Glad you like the SG. Spread the good word!

Rattles? Mine doesn't pick any up. You sure you have it mounted securely?

Did you get a hardwire kit that cuts power at that voltage level? I might look into available power full time for my camera also. But if I did, I would upgrade to a motion sensing one probably

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Turns out it's just my super loud interior rattles hahahah. I guess that's something I'll just have to deal with.

Yup I bought that $30 hard wire kit that cuts power at 11.6V. If your battery is healthy enough it should easily last through the night. I also picked up a 64GB memory card just so I can get even more footage down.

jshay

Go Kart Champion
So my SG9665GC took a dump today :( Audio is all messed up but video is fine. I posted about it on DashCamTalk at like midnight and within 20 minutes they're already sending me a prepaid label for a replacement unit.

I mean talk about amazing customer service?!

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
So my SG9665GC took a dump today :( Audio is all messed up but video is fine. I posted about it on DashCamTalk at like midnight and within 20 minutes they're already sending me a prepaid label for a replacement unit.

I mean talk about amazing customer service?!

Interesting. But yes they're known to stand by their products. Worth spending a few extra over dealing with a vendor overseas

pashley

Ready to race!
I'm going to install my SG today. The very rudimentary instructions they sent with the unit say to disconnect the battery for install. But I plan on using a fuse that is not "on" when the car is off (not planning on using the motion sensor or always on option). Also, when I installed the electrical portion of my boost gauge I didn't disconnect the battery. So, is the battery disconnect really necessary? I know it isnt a huge PIA or anything, but I'm trying to eliminate unnecessary steps.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to install my SG today. The very rudimentary instructions they sent with the unit say to disconnect the battery for install. But I plan on using a fuse that is not "on" when the car is off (not planning on using the motion sensor or always on option). Also, when I installed the electrical portion of my boost gauge I didn't disconnect the battery. So, is the battery disconnect really necessary? I know it isnt a huge PIA or anything, but I'm trying to eliminate unnecessary steps.

Should be fine without doing that as I have many times and been fine. They probably include that to cover themselves in case something goes wrong and someone somehow electrocutes themselves.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
That looks pretty neat. If you get it please let us know how you hook it up & how you like it.

Thanks

pashley

Ready to race!
Ok one more question before I get to this install...I ordered the street guardian unit along with the 12v to 5v converter kit for direct install in the fusebox. I also ordered the Add-a-Fuse kit. My question is...the converter kit has two wires, one black (ground I assume) and one red (power) that need to be connected to the Add-A-Fuse. But, the fuse kit only has one crimp connector. I'm fairly certain that I don't put both red and black wiires from the converter into the crimp connector. There were no instructions with the 12v to 5v cvonverter, so I'm not sure how to actually connect this to the fuse kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
The black ground wire goes to a ground, not the fuse. The red wire goes to the fuse.

pashley

Ready to race!
For those that hardwired using Add-A-Fuse in the fusebox, what fuse port did you go with? I heard #41 works, but just wanted to check. Also, where did you guys attach the ground?