GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show me your rear fog light

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
No mine are the 2 taillights that light up I still have 2 reverse lights. (US Spec with UK light conversion)
I'm not sure that I know that conversion. As I understand it of here the US spec doesn't have a rear fog lamp so I'm not sure what the UK light conversion does? I which they would fit 2 fogs and 2 reversing lamps on all UK specs.

I've seen and read you posts before and your obviously based in the UK (RAF Mildenhall, UK) and you've bought you car over from the States. How long are you based here for? ;)

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
No mine are the 2 taillights that light up I still have 2 reverse lights. (US Spec with UK light conversion)

Can you show us a picture of that setup please?

And to be back on subect, no one here in NA has a setup on their car? I've seen it on LED tails but not regular ones.

heartcoke

Ready to race!
2 reverse lights > 1 rear fog light

Bmath340

Ready to race!
This is the MK5 with rear fog on.

Attachments

• rear fog.jpg
    rear fog.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 15,186

Bmath340

Ready to race!
2 reverse lights > 1 rear fog light

The reverse lights still activate normally when the car is put in reverse. When put back into drive (or 1st) the rear fog will activate (if its on)... You can also make it stay on while parked.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Really? I didn't know you had both reverse lights active with the addition of a rear fog. I thought you went down to 1 reverse light and 1 rear fog light.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion

The red light housing above the GTI symbol lights up when I activate the fogs. The outside lights light up when the headlights are on

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Obviously the US spec is different from the UK spec. But at least we can get GTD's here. ;)

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
Little update on this. With the help of Dana@Ross-Tech, i was able to enable my rear fog light with a code for regular tail lights. For the interested I can give you the steps to follow.

dmichael

Ready to race!
Little update on this. With the help of Dana@Ross-Tech, i was able to enable my rear fog light with a code for regular tail lights. For the interested I can give you the steps to follow.

Please post the steps here, I am sure there are many that will benefit

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
Please post the steps here, I am sure there are many that will benefit

You will need:

-Euro switch

-Trigger wire part#000979009E

-Vag Com

-Left inner tail light http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75_108_111&products_id=1356

-Some patience to source out the light and to do the wire swap.

Installation:
With Vag Com, code byte 18 to 02. Once that is done you need to follow the steps in the link below to swap the wires. Once everything is done you should get a rear fog icon and fully functional/safe rear fog light.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4898893-LED-tail-Install-with-or-without-Rear-Fog.

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
the problem with rear fogs is that you might get pulled over for having a brake light or tail light out. i know someone who had that happen twice in one day, but he didn't get a ticket because he used his manual to prove it was supposed to be like that. i don't know if you could do that if its a mod though....

i still want to do it.