GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sidemarkers

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Thinking of getting clear side markers... Any suggestions on which ones? I have seen some that are coarse/smooth. Wondering which looks the best or is good quality?

I'm not interested in smoke, or shaving the bumper, or wrapping them body color at this time.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
FleeBay.

When I was looking at them they all look like they are made by the same company. I could be wrong though.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Definitely an ebay item

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
I bought these off ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/190798272245
Wanted a clear look rather than the hazy/rough look on the ECS ones. Pretty happy with them so far. Fitment was a 9/10. No leaks so far.

Matched them with some chrome amber bulbs off Amazon. No runny egg look and glows amber at night.

GTI clear marker.jpg

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
You can see my clears in my profile picture, click on the photo and you will see them better. Purchased them new from ECS, the car was only a few months old then, so they've been on the car a long time. No leaks, no problems, highly recommended. I like them better than paint match or blackened.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Alright, one last thing. Is there a trick to getting these covers out in the wheel liner? I looked up on youtube... I tried to remove the little cover on the passenger side and it wouldn't come out. I used a wedge and wound up ripping off the little tab at the bottom lmao. So there's no "handle" on there anymore. ?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Alright, one last thing. Is there a trick to getting these covers out in the wheel liner? I looked up on youtube... I tried to remove the little cover on the passenger side and it wouldn't come out. I used a wedge and wound up ripping off the little tab at the bottom lmao. So there's no "handle" on there anymore. ?

They are a pain. Large flat blade screw driver is what I used but it took some force. Putting it in you have to kinda squeeze and bang it in. Removing the wheel helps too.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Wow... guess I'm sending them back. LOL

On some golfs they fit differently. Check if there are numbs on the back that can be shaved. The lights are all the same, from the same mold. All the lefts come from the same exact mold so if we send another it will fit exactly the same.

If you would like to return you are more than welcome to return them in Myebay.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Shoulda got the blacked out ones I posted :sneaky:

Nah, jokin, the same thing would have probably happened.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Shoulda got the blacked out ones I posted :sneaky:

Nah, jokin, the same thing would have probably happened.

I guess they might fit some golfs. Just not low mileage ones that have never been wrecked and have original bumpers lol. It literally won't snap in because it's over lapping the paint. The lens looks like it was bonded off center slightly. Whatever, they can have their shit back.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear you're having so many problems with fitment! Mine popped in no problem with tight gaps all around. Later today when I'm home, I'll post closer pictures of both sides.