GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

(SOLD) Building a MK6 R, consider buying this boatload of parts.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
SOLD

I have a built MKV GTI (FSI motor) project that failed before I could drive it more than 200 miles. I am pretty much giving it and all the parts that it includes, most of them with less than 200 miles on them. 5K and you tow it away. You could restore the car which still looks 9 out of 10 by replacing the trans. There was an issue with fake NGK plugs being installed and melting tip into 2 of the cylinders, sticking to the 2 pistons (cyl 2&3). Engine still runs and runs very strong. It comes with a 380whp and 480whp tune.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I know a guy trying to get rid of a FSI motor in his garage. Shame i am on the other corner of the country from you.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I know a guy trying to get rid of a FSI motor in his garage. Shame i am on the other corner of t
Motor still runs quite well.
Great deal, I'd snag it if it was closer to me
It is a rolling candy store of almost new parts (no wear) from Neuspeed wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires, full 18z Brembo brakes with RS3 MC, Eibach R coilovers, Recaro Sportster seats, Aquamist direct inject system, tubular control arms, 034 Tracksport Motorsport engine and trans mounts, are just some of the new aftermarket parts. I also have an APR intercooler, 42DD 3in TBE, The car also has all new 034 spherical suspension parts that can be used on a Golf R. Also all the chassis braces from Unibrace UB, XB, RB ... you get the idea

Even if you didn't want to use the engine, which is built with all the good stuff and only driven less than 200 miles you have a lot of parts on it that are quite nice from a roller conversion kit to go fo the tsi roller for your fuel pump, no more worries of it failing. There is new APR fuel pump, new CTS LPFP, RS4 injectors, HPA intake manifold, drilled and fitted for Aquamist direct inject, 155 fprv, neuspeed hiflo turbo discharge pipe and air charge pipes, a new purchased Golf R oil pump with balance shafts removed, OR, pull the motor, replace the pistons and sell it and make back your investment.

And there are a bunch of new OEM parts that could be sold to bring you $. New air cond compressor, starter, radiator, fans, headlights, taillights, grills, rear seat delete kit. Also a custom DSG oil cooling system that could be pulled and sold, it is a nice item.

This DSG trans has not been looked at and should be considered a loss but it could be anything from just the case which needs to be replaced or repaired to maybe at least salvaging the MFactory LSD and being able to sell it.

OR just fix the car since everything is already done to it, drive it and scare yourself. I only got to drive it a short while but while my 336whp K04 setup was sweet and felt very quick, with the built motor and larger turbo 480whp, the acceleration was violent ( so nice )

I am giving this deal just to a lucky enthusiast, offer only good for rest of September.

It is a deal worth driving cross country for, you will not be disappointed if you are a true enthusiast. Just need a trailer with a winch, car runs but trans is broke so needs to be pulled up.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Or put a trans in it and scare your unsuspecting friends

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Can't believe nobody is biting on this. So much cool stuff for an R or even a Mk6 GTI, I just don't want to deal with it anymore. Only 4.5 days left.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Or put a trans in it and scare your unsuspecting friends

I remember watching your build, car looks super clean. If I didn't already have an unfinished project in the driveway, I would be all over this. GLWS

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I remember watching your build, car looks super clean. If I didn't already have an unfinished project in the driveway, I would be all over this. GLWS
Thanks, it is super clean, paint in good shape and it got all new oem headlights, oem grills and windshield, wheels, tires, BBK system etc just as it was being put on road. Only got to drive it about 150-200 miles. There is a good 20K in parts in this thing, not sure why folks aren't stepping up to this literal give away?

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Hey @GIACUser , welcome to the R club. Coming from a Mk5 I'm guessing you know to keep an eye on the cam follower. I'd also watch that clutch if its still stock.

As for the Mk5 parts, is everything in the linked thread available?
https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/inde...s-roller-big-turbo-build.381273/#post-7709134

Or rather, is there anything not available? I may be interested in some parts and may have a buddy interested in some stuff. Want to confirm with you and him before I inquire about anything though.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Hey @GIACUser , welcome to the R club. Coming from a Mk5 I'm guessing you know to keep an eye on the cam follower. I'd also watch that clutch if its still stock.

As for the Mk5 parts, is everything in the linked thread available?
https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/inde...s-roller-big-turbo-build.381273/#post-7709134

Or rather, is there anything not available? I may be interested in some parts and may have a buddy interested in some stuff. Want to confirm with you and him before I inquire about anything though.
Thanks I am glad to be in an R.
Yes I am all too familiar with the cam follower issues after 13 years with an FSI motor. The clutch had just been upgraded before I bought it along with all the timing belt stuff.

I am not selling individual parts, only selling the whole car. I am tired of the project and don’t want to spend hours wrenching and then boxing etc on a part by part basis. If nobody buys it for 5K then the parts will go on the new R. The motor will get pulled and checked and put in the R. ( Built motor and EFR7163)

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Thanks I am glad to be in an R.
Yes I am all too familiar with the cam follower issues after 13 years with an FSI motor. The clutch had just been upgraded before I bought it along with all the timing belt stuff.

I am not selling individual parts, only selling the whole car. I am tired of the project and don’t want to spend hours wrenching and then boxing etc on a part by part basis. If nobody buys it for 5K then the parts will go on the new R. The motor will get pulled and checked and put in the R. ( Built motor and EFR7163)
Understood, I had must've misread that you would consider parting out.

Definitely think it makes more sense to swap stuff over if no one jumps on that!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
SOLD - to one lucky person