GOLFMKV

Sold GTI. Help me pick next car.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
P

plac

Oh well.....A lot of hate for the G37.

You know what that means

ya, i do. that means you shouldnt be having other people make a decision for you. go to a Infinity forum and see if there is any Audi hate... buy what you want deep inside. nothing else to think about.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
wow, I thought they were gonna offer it in both versions here, but then again, it sounded like their "DSG" was pretty shitty.

AWD and sedan makes a difference.

Plymouth version FTW.

Let's just say I was beating most of the cars out there including the Z cars....With the longer wheel base, the G35 is more stable on the track and can take the turns a bit faster than the 350z did as it is a bit twitchy.. :)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
again, with all due respect - I don't care. Driver is one of the most important "mods" out there. I've passed M5's, 350Z's, Z06's, 911's, you name it - it wasn't cos my car was better. Driver, tires, and brakes mean a lot more than engine and chassis with 95% of the people out there. Driver's equal, relatively same tires and brakes, etc, the other cars should be faster.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
you shouldnt be having other people make a decision for you...buy what you want deep inside. nothing else to think about.

In the end, I always do (buy what i want). I just like to hear other peoples thoughts/opinions haha.

The more hate I hear for the G37 just increases the chance that I will buy one haha

I love haters

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
again, with all due respect - I don't care. Driver is one of the most important "mods" out there. I've passed M5's, 350Z's, Z06's, 911's, you name it - it wasn't cos my car was better. Driver, tires, and brakes mean a lot more than engine and chassis with 95% of the people out there. Driver's equal, relatively same tires and brakes, etc, the other cars should be faster.

FYI, Driver is a good thing, but when you are going against drivers that have been doing it for years as well, the CAR has a lot to do with it as well. So please STOP saying it's all driver when it isn't. I know YOU don't like the G so we got that.

People that don't know the cars real well always UNDER ESTIMATE THE G by a lot. The car HAS THE SAME damn suspension as the Z. It is tuned differently though for more of a sport/comfort while the Z is more of a pure sports car feel.

But either way, I owned both a 350z and the G's, and speak from experience. I also instructed at many tracks here in Texas and have raced cars since 1995. So I have been around the tracks for a very long time.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
whats the package on the TL? no SH-AWD?

2008 TL-S ::drool::

When I had my TSX I always thought I would end up in a TL-S.

They have massive torque steer if you punch it but are really quick to 100 from 40 or rolling.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
FYI, Driver is a good thing, but when you are going against drivers that have been doing it for years as well, the CAR has a lot to do with it as well. So please STOP saying it's all driver when it isn't. I know YOU don't like the G so we got that.

People that don't know the cars real well always UNDER ESTIMATE THE G by a lot. The car HAS THE SAME damn suspension as the Z. It is tuned differently though for more of a sport/comfort while the Z is more of a pure sports car feel.

But either way, I owned both a 350z and the G's, and speak from experience. I also instructed at many tracks here in Texas and have raced cars since 1995. So I have been around the tracks for a very long time.

AGAIN.... has nothing to do with liking or not liking the car.

You're a better driver than the other guys, is what it sounds like to me. Next track day, go do some laps and time them between the cars and let us know how it goes. I'd bet $20 you are faster in the coupe than in the sedan.

I never said the G or Z werent the same, except for sedan vs coupe and when talking about AWD. THAT was my focus of the "argument" here.

I fully agree that they are great track cars, I did NOT say they weren't. Try to stay focused on the main point if we are going to debate something.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
New Passat V6 DSG?

I haven't looked at the new Passat yet. Only seen one on the road. Looked decent

Hmmm, I would look at a VW CC over a Passat. Looks better.