GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

South Florida/Fort Myers - Cape Coral areas

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Yes, but the Gli is slightly different because of the subframes.
When do you plan to do the install?

I didn't find it noticeably harder then any other fwd clutch job but the transmisson is a tight fit and is a little heavier then the honda ones I'm used to. It helps to have two people when putting it on and taking ot off. There is no pilot bearing so the extra long oem alignment tool is needed to keep it aligned. I also had a flywheel lock that helped when tq'ing the pp bolts down.
You will need a tie strap or another compression type tool to compress the axle ends when reinstalling. I would also drain the transmission oil to avoid a huge mess. You might get away with not removing the subframe but you might need a small jack to push the motor towards the front of the car for clearance. Subframe bolts are cheap and I would just drop it for piece for ease.

:)

Not sure when we'll do the install. All the guys at vw say dropping the subframe is unnecessary so we'll see. It will be done on a lift and with a tranny jack. Gonna try to borrow the OEM alignment tool or buy one and we have a tie strap for the flywheel.

gliitch

Ready to race!
Anyone wanna get together sometime this week, maybe grab some wings, check out some boobies, and talk cars?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Recommendation for a good tire mounting place?

And alignment

I know this an old post, but I've gotta recommend Auto Quest off US 41 in fort myers, just north of gladiolus. They mounted my tires without any nicks on the wheels and the alignment has been perfect, the car drives awesome. One of my tires had a slow leak so I took it back to them. Turns out it was leaking at the valve stem so they replaced the inside of it and haven't had any problems since. It wasn't even their fault, I supplied the valve stems and that's what was faulty, but they fixed it for free anyway.

miles69

Not much going on in SW FL?? anyways, I just bought a new to me 13 CW GTI. I'm thinking it was a local car and has had some work done to it. coil overs, had a cai at one time since they didn't put the clamp and support bolt back in when they re-installed the oem intake. Not sure what else has been done. I just bought a Uni intake and plan on more as money allows. I read thru this section and I see VAP listed as a tuner in FM, any others? What tunes do they install?
Thanks, I'll be around

GTIcwMK5

Ready to race!
Not much going on in SW FL?? anyways, I just bought a new to me 13 CW GTI. I'm thinking it was a local car and has had some work done to it. coil overs, had a cai at one time since they didn't put the clamp and support bolt back in when they re-installed the oem intake. Not sure what else has been done. I just bought a Uni intake and plan on more as money allows. I read thru this section and I see VAP listed as a tuner in FM, any others? What tunes do they install?
Thanks, I'll be around

Did u buy the car at q auto?

miles69

PM sent

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I read thru this section and I see VAP listed as a tuner in FM, any others? What tunes do they install?
Thanks, I'll be around

VAP has APR and Eurodyne unless things have changed. The VW dealer in Naples has APR too, but I like to give my money to Marc at VAP.

gliitch

Ready to race!
VAP and Marc is a great place. Avenue in port charlotte does Revo and something else I think too, give them a call. Also highly recommended place.