GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SoWalGTI's stock+ build

SoWalGTI

Go Kart Newbie
European cupholder installed. This was a major undertaking and very scary. So much fragile trim removal, tiny screws and plastic tabs. Took me 2.5hours from start to finish. During the trim removal of the surround for the HVAC controls, I accidentally unplugged my airbag warning light and it threw an error light on the dash. Luckily, I just purchased VAGCOM last week and cleared the code immediately. Whew!

I also installed the aluminum glovebox handle. It really sets off the interior.

SoWalGTI

Go Kart Newbie
The rain finally let up this evening just before dark, so I found an old abandoned road and snapped some shots.

Dat booty though!

SoWalGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Installed Euro blind spot mirrors. Really like the subtle look and improved visibility.

Also got a shot of the P3Cars vent gauge during the day. My only gripe about this thing is the amount of fogging I get on it from the Florida humidity. It's like instant as soon as I open my door. #floridaproblems

SoWalGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Installed the OEM aluminum glove box handle today. Install wasn't to bad. Used a powerful magnet on the side of the door and magnetized allen key to remove. Tiny screw stayed on the tip of the tool the entire time during removal and install. The hardest part is finding the hole to screw into when reinstalling.

*If you plan on doing this, insert your key into the lock and keep it there throughout the removal and install. If you dont, the retainer springs for the lock will pop out and you'll spend 30 mins attempting to fix (if you can even find the springs).

Graustark

Ready to race!
Thanks man! All of the Neuspeed wheels just look like they were made for these cars. They almost seem as if they would be OEM on a higher trim level package.

I plan on using the P3Gauge to track power increases, temprature differences, etc with each mod. I know it wont be 100% accurate all the time, but it will be nice to use it to document baseline numbers and then track any improvements with each mod.
I guess you were able to pop the VW emblem out of the Detroit Huffeisens and into the Neuspeeds? I don't think most wheels would accept that right? Neato.

Graustark

Ready to race!
Where did you get the LED taillights? I see prices ranging from $250 to $600 depending what site or eBay selling I'm looking at. Nice little touches everywhere on your ride like that glove box aluminum.

I'm wondering how those gunmetal Neuspeed rims would look on Carbon Steel Gray... maybe too much dark. Hrm.

SoWalGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Where did you get the LED taillights? I see prices ranging from $250 to $600 depending what site or eBay selling I'm looking at. Nice little touches everywhere on your ride like that glove box aluminum.

I'm wondering how those gunmetal Neuspeed rims would look on Carbon Steel Gray... maybe too much dark. Hrm.
Yes, Neuspeed wheels are specially made for our cars. The VW caps fit right in and the offsets and sizing is perfect for our cars.

I would recommend the the Hyper Black finish for your CG. They aren't actually black and would be a really nice contrast. Check out the vendor wheel section of the forum for info and pics.

Regarding the tail lights. I would purchase either the OEM lights or Ziza brand from ECS Tuning. Neither of these options have condensation issues and the Zizas fit is pretty spot on.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments!

Graustark

Ready to race!
Yes, Neuspeed wheels are specially made for our cars. The VW caps fit right in and the offsets and sizing is perfect for our cars.

I would recommend the the Hyper Black finish for your CG. They aren't actually black and would be a really nice contrast. Check out the vendor wheel section of the forum for info and pics.

Regarding the tail lights. I would purchase either the OEM lights or Ziza brand from ECS Tuning. Neither of these options have condensation issues and the Zizas fit is pretty spot on.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments!
Hyper Black is apparently lighter than Gunmetal? Weird. Now I'm kind of tempted. How did it feel to switch from Detroits to that Neuspeed set? I know Detroits are heavy, but I actually really like them. Just wondering how much a difference you feel with the lighter weight.