GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Speedometer KMH

joe.a.hudson

I just picked up my 2012 GTI 4-door, Shadow Blue, 6 spd.. I am stationed in Germany and I noticed that my speedometer only reads in MPH. Is there a way to change it to read KMH? I have been looking around the forum for a few hours and can not find an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
On the MFD you go into settings and it is under there to change the units to KMH. However I think this only applies to the MFD speedo but its better than nothing

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I go to Canada pretty often so I have my digital secondary speedo as KM/h. I still left my fuel economy reading as MPG though.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
To display speed in km/h:

MFD - SETTINGS - Check "Alt. speed dsp"

This will replace your outdoor temp display with your current speed in km/hr.

To change your distance and consumption data to metric:

MFD - SETTINGS - UNITS - Consump./dist. - Check "km/l, km"

Good luck!

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Well if you bought it in Germany it should have a KMH speedo.

zee

Go Kart Champion
To display speed in km/h:

MFD - SETTINGS - Check "Alt. speed dsp"

This will replace your outdoor temp display with your current speed in km/hr.

To change your distance and consumption data to metric:

MFD - SETTINGS - UNITS - Consump./dist. - Check "km/l, km"

Good luck!
:thumbsup:
Well if you bought it in Germany it should have a KMH speedo.
Since OP is stationed there, it is probably a USA spec car with cost closer to actual USA prices than the more expensive European counterparts. That way, the car can be imported into the USA after the tour is over.

joe.a.hudson

Thanks for the info guys, got it switched over this morning. 289 KM drive tomorrow... Wish I could have picked up my car before school, then I would be well past break in...

VW Steve

Ready to race!
I never understood why Volkswagen of America decided to sell Mark 6 Golfs with km/h-free speedometers when so many people in the U.S. drive into Canada. I know that 62 mph is 100 km/h, so if I were to drive to Canada, I could figure out how fast or slow to go based on their speed limit signs. Ah, but what abut Americans who live and work in Canada? If you have a Mk6 Golf and you get assigned to work in Toronto or Montreal, that could be a problem.