GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM Intercooler Install and review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Bowers

The IC looks great, Bowers. Hey -- are you planning on doing 'The Birmingham Run' tomorrow (Sunday)? That's the huge cruise that RJ was telling us about last weekend.

Not gonna make it :-/. Got a bunch of stuff going on with church that day.

A_Bowers

Also, I'd love to log, but the variables between day and night (time we are probably going to get done at) are such a difference. Sometimes a fluctuation of 20 degrees.

As much as I would like to, and as Grambles has said it's so hard to measure consistent values simply due to environmental variables.

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
I'm guessing for the BBQ. We can try for the Friday before. I'm not off that day but I do get off around 4. Soooo if you trust me enough to give you a hand. Sure thing. Hah.

We will get in touch via pm later.

Sounds good, I'll try to grab food and make it worth you guys helping me out. I don't know how far you guys are from APR but I have to be there in the morning, we'll work it out.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Also, I'd love to log, but the variables between day and night (time we are probably going to get done at) are such a difference. Sometimes a fluctuation of 20 degrees.

As much as I would like to, and as Grambles has said it's so hard to measure consistent values simply due to environmental variables.

We can log tonight my car and your car back to pack and try to make SOME correlation based off of rate of changes....but K04 vs. Stage 2 will dictate the variation.

Becauseengineering

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
We can log tonight my car and your car back to pack and try to make SOME correlation based off of rate of changes....but K04 vs. Stage 2 will dictate the variation.

Becauseengineering

:thumbsup:

I really don't know what to expect, I wish we had more of the variables filled in. If we could get a look at the compressor maps of both the IHI and K04, CFM vs turbo RPM and projected EGTs we might be able to fill in some of the lines but it could be so far off base. You'd have to factor in the amount of air the compressor is taking in, exhaust gas velocity through the cross sectional area to find heat, etc..

The only way to get a proper comparison is through equipment that only the OEM has. It'd have to be a fixed rate of air at a constant temperature and a probe inserted into each endtank to measure temperature and a way of measuring flow coming in/out in a sealed system = no way a bunch of car enthusiasts will get this opportunity.

The comparison with you and Bowers will have to do, it's the only thing we got right now.

A_Bowers

Becauseengineering

Yeah that's always a big change. :-/. We shall see

A_Bowers

Sounds good, I'll try to grab food and make it worth you guys helping me out. I don't know how far you guys are from APR but I have to be there in the morning, we'll work it out.

When exactly. The 12th?

A_Bowers

I'll be leaving my house in Clearwater/Palm Harbor Thursday morning (October 11th) then checking into a hotel that night. I'm going to be at APR Friday, APR BBQ Saturday and depending on whether or not I have something to do Sunday I'll leave that morning or later that evening.

Got ya. We both live about 2hrs north of Opelika, so however you want to work it out.

As it draws closer we can sort it out

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Packing up and heading out. I'll call you.

A_Bowers

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Status
Not open for further replies.