GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Squeak on acceleration

MOPP

Hi,

Been lurking in the back a while but since i have no technical knowledge i've not posted until i need the help of you fine people...

Got a 2010 Golf R DSG, appears to have developed a squeak under acceleration. Doesn't happen in 1st gear, but 2nd gear upwards there is an audible squeak every time you come on the accelerator. Its only a chirp but it happens everytime you come on the pedal. It also does it when i come to a stop.

My main concern is that its the DSG gearbox on the way out which i'm informed costs as much as Donald Trumps haircut so i'm getting worried. Checked pretty much all the suspension, bushings, engine mounts, drive shafts etc and everything appears ok.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Any more info needed please let me know.

Thanks as always.

autonoob

Passed Driver's Ed
You hear a high-pitched squeal when accelerating: If you notice a loud squeal when accelerating, especially if your car is just warming up, it could be that you have a loose or worn fan belt. Usually, if your fan belts are worn, it could mean your timing belt needs to be replaced as well.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
You hear a high-pitched squeal when accelerating: If you notice a loud squeal when accelerating, especially if your car is just warming up, it could be that you have a loose or worn fan belt. Usually, if your fan belts are worn, it could mean your timing belt needs to be replaced as well.
Our cars do not have a fan belt as they are electric(the fans not the gti!) There is a timing chain but it is inside the timing covers. The chain has nothing to do with the belt.

Last edited:

jy7347

Passed Driver's Ed
hopefully youve solved this problem. but if you hadnt, i also have a dsg mk6 golf r, and turns out this exact problem ive been having for almost 10 years was an easy fix/problem.
it was actually the shifter cable rubbing onto the heatshield, if you look into the engine bay, that cable is somewhere right between the engine block and the battery. i could re create the noise by tucking lightly onto the cable, what i've done is get a silicone lubricant (mine was WD40's) and just went bit crazy spray it along the cable bit thats between the heat shield, not sure how long this will fix the problem, if anything i'm gonna wait till next time my car is lifted, take the heat shielf off that area and see what i can do to permanently fix it.
oh also, the silicone didnt fix the problem immediately, its only after 2 days after i sprayed it, i guess, then the lubricant seeped into where it rubbed, so just be bit patient if youre using my method. lets also hope this is all your problem is. at least you'd know its not something major thats squeaking

Last edited: