GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Squeaky Clutch Pedal?

mikochu

boogerface
Hey folks,

I've noticed from time to time that my clutch pedal squeaks. Most of the time, it doesn't. However, once every few weeks, it'll squeak. It squeaks during the first inch or so of pedal travel...I don't even think the clutch even disengages when it squeaks, so I think it's the pedal. *Anyway, it seems to happen on hot days, but I'm not sure.*

Anyone else notice this symptom?

Thanks

FFAC

Ready to race!
Yea, mine has done it 5/6 times (23,000 miles) and it normally happens when it is cold (for me)...

BrianfCheng1

Ready to race!
hmm..I've never experienced this phenomena, and i hope i never do. My clutch is dead quiet until i hit the floor.

I have 13,3xx miles

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Clutch noise chirp squeak hooo for TSI

Yeah. I'm going through it as well. It is the throw-out bearing / slave cylinder combo. Lots of these are going bad on our cars and the part (as of a few days ago) is on national back-order.

I'm dropping my car off on Monday for this. Supposedly there is a revised replacement part for this.

tt15gm

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm getting the same sound on my 2010 GTI. Seems to happen mostly in very high temperatures. You ever find a fix for this?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Take the bolt out that holds the clutch pedal in, put some grease on it and put it back in. That's what I did and it went away for a year now. You may even be able to spray some wd-40 on it while moving the pedal around without removing the bolt.

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
This bolt right here? Mine squeaks every damn shift. Drives me insane.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Take the bolt out that holds the clutch pedal in, put some grease on it and put it back in. That's what I did and it went away for a year now. You may even be able to spray some wd-40 on it while moving the pedal around without removing the bolt.
So when you remove the bolt does the clutch pedal remain in-line? Looks like there is a massive "retracter" spring behind it. I'm just afraid that if I remove the bolt I will not be able to align the clutch pedal to get the bolt back through. :iono: Please let us know. My clutch is not squeaking but it is creaking (pretty loud) occasionally when I release it slowly in 1st and 2nd gear. :mad0259:

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
My MKV developed that at around 50k miles. New clutch master cylinder and it was good as new.

--Matt

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
I dunno, it was a while ago. Maybe 50 or so for the part and 2 hours labor.

--Matt

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Take the bushing out that holds the pedal in and spray it with wd-40. Mine did this like 2 years ago and this is what I did and it hasn't made the noise since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6MTCSG

Banned
Take the bushing out that holds the pedal in and spray it with wd-40. Mine did this like 2 years ago and this is what I did and it hasn't made the noise since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a look at it again over the weekend and it sounds like the noise is coming from the plunger and not where the bolt is. Which bushing are you talking about?