GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Squirrels snacking on fender liners

ce4

Ready to race!
This is the second day in a row I have come out to my car and there are small pieces of felt and acorn shells under and around my rear passenger wheel well. I just recently had to start parking outside. We just got thru 3 days of rain so im sure they were camping out under the car. Any one have any ideas how to keep them away?

I removed my hood liner a few years ago due to pack rats and mice when i would go out hunting. Could i just remove the rear liners? Is there a plastic option for the rear?

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Have you tried grinding up moth balls and hot peppers? Put them in a spray bottle with water... maybe over night before you use them.

Then spray your liners everytime you leave your car outside. I'm sure they'll get the message to try the Ford in front LoL

ce4

Ready to race!
I'll give that a shot! I've been using the Shot-gun Repels-All and it seems to be working okay. just have to reapply every evening. wonder if the moth balls and hot peppers would last longer though.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Sniff test will confirm the longevity.. But I'd still spray it every night IF it's effective.

If it works for a night... try it for a week. By then I'm sure the word would get out to the critters to leave it alone. Then maybe 1x per week or after a rainfall?

I don't even know it'll work tbh. I tried it in my open garage when I lived the backside of a mtn to keep critters out. It seemed to work.
Good luck! Hope it works for you.