GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 with full bolt ons seems pretty point less

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
If you look at the numbers, the difference between stage 2 with a CAI and DP yields the most power gains. I realize adding an upgraded IC helps with overall cooling, but just as a for instance DM's stage 2+ adds a a CBE and IC and only gains about 5-6 whp and 16 wtq.

Unless you are planning going ko4 then it doesn't seem like it would be worth the hassle.

Agree or no?

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Also the stock turbo can only do so much unless you modify it by removing the turbo muffler.

Jaber

Modero
CBE could be to keep the entire system 3'' and allow for maximum exhaust flow. And other bolt-ons help the car run more efficiently.

IC is something I really want to do next. If you have ever dyno'd your car, you will understand how much power is lost after the first run, due to heatsoak :(

When you're looking at the most possible gains, it's worth upgrading even if it's for minimal HP/TQ, but most bolt-ons help with responsiveness and efficiency.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
I'll only speak to the intercooler. It's going to help mainly with consistent performance. This is especially noticeable when you live in hotter climates. You're not really doing it to gain power so much as you would do it to keep making the same power all the time.

Jaber

Modero
Get a IC and you will be kicking yourself in the ass for not doing it earlier

This. So much this :( I should add Intercooler to my baby registry :lol:

I'll only speak to the intercooler. It's going to help mainly with consistent performance. This is especially noticeable when you live in hotter climates. You're not really doing it to gain power so much as you would do it to keep making the same power all the time.

Yup. When we did dyno day, most of us had stock IC back then. You saw up to 15HP/TQ loss after the first run. We were allowed 3 runs, some only did 2, as the 3rd was pointless. I did 3 for the heck of it and I dropped each time.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Peak power figures frankly an asinine way to determine a car's performance. There's so much more to it, especially with a turbocharged engine. I'm not talking just about full range torque or area under the curve, but boost onset, spool times, heat generation, heat dissipation, timing correction, flow resistance... probably another couple dozen parameters which are truly palpable from behind the wheel.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
While on the subject of IC pressures... is what I hear under boost just flutter or actual boost leaking? I don't feel any loss of power... but I have no boost gauge either.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Peak power figures frankly an asinine way to determine a car's performance. There's so much more to it, especially with a turbocharged engine. I'm not talking just about full range torque or area under the curve, but boost onset, spool times, heat generation, heat dissipation, timing correction, flow resistance... probably another couple dozen parameters which are truly palpable from behind the wheel.

Right, I realize there's a lot of other factors to consider, but I'm speaking mainly of just the money vs. power overall. Seems like you'd save a whole lot by just going ko4 and forgetting about it lol.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
While on the subject of IC pressures... is what I hear under boost just flutter or actual boost leaking? I don't feel any loss of power... but I have no boost gauge either.

If it's the pigeon noise while you're approaching full boost, then that's the N75 boost control solenoid at work.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Right, I realize there's a lot of other factors to consider, but I'm speaking mainly of just the money vs. power overall. Seems like you'd save a whole lot by just going ko4 and forgetting about it lol.
Not everyone wants to upgrade their turbo.