GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Research whatever tune company you are going to use. They will tell you what their tune requires for stage 2.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I personally love Unitronic. I have used them since mk4 days and have always found them extremely reliable and a very professional company. Their power ratings are lower than other tunes, but their reliability makes up for it. Just take a look on these forums how many COBB threads you have with people begging for help.

Unitronic Stage 2 requires a hi flow downpipe.

https://www.getunitronic.com/ecu-tuning/Volkswagen-Golf-GTI-MK6-20L-TSI-2013-2013-stage2

909CaalGTIMk6

I personally love Unitronic. I have used them since mk4 days and have always found them extremely reliable and a very professional company. Their power ratings are lower than other tunes, but their reliability makes up for it. Just take a look on these forums how many COBB threads you have with people begging for help.

https://www.getunitronic.com/ecu-tuning/Volkswagen-Golf-GTI-MK6-20L-TSI-2013-2013-stage2
Awesome ! Thanks for the help

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Unitronic fanboys in the house 🤘 Yeah I'm one of them :ROFLMAO:. Love my tune but I don't have any experience with any other ones.

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
just a downpipe, and be prepared for clutch upgrade if you have a manual
Yes. If you’re a manual an upgraded clutch is a must. But basically all you would need is a cold air intake, which you have, and a downpipe. I would recommend investing in a gfb dv+ though as it tolerates much more boost than the stock dv. I would not buy it from ebay because there have been instances of people getting fake ones. Modded euros would be my choice though it would be up to you.

Not sure if this means anything but I was able to beat another mk6 that was apr stage 2 back when I had Unitronic stage 2. Both dsg and same amount of mods except I had a full turboback exhaust. It was a 20 roll, it was pretty close, his nose what right behind my passenger door I’d say until we hit 4th and I started to pull away. Surprised me bcuz apr is known to be a more aggressive tune than unitronic.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

+1 Unitronic. Definitely a great tune!

Have y'all tried the launch control? Do you have to activate it with the Uni cable?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Nah I dont have it. I had launch control on top of a Uni tune for my mk4 GTI but that was a custom job piggy backed on the uni. I had no idea Unitronic offered launch themselves.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah that's what it says on their website. I have not tried all the possible combos. Traction control needs to be turned off, clutch in, hit go pedal is all that is suppose to need to be done. Not something I would use much or at all but wanted to try it.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yeah thats how mine worked. He locked it at 3500 rpm so even if you had full throttle it would hold at 3500 until i released the clutch. it worked great and was fun for shits and giggles.