GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stock exhaust that doesnt look stock

Korydogg

Ready to race!
ok so about a week ago I took a trip to my local exhaust shop and had them do a resonator delete. Turned out awesome and I love the sound. Not too loud, no drone and not obnoxious at all. To date one of the best mods so far.....and only $75.

However, I HATE the look of the stock exhaust from the rear. What I'd like to do is have a better looking muffler that doesn't change the exhaust tone at all.

This prolly sounds silly to most.....but I'm good with the sound and performance of what I got right now. I just don't want to shell out another $700 plus for a catback system when I already am satisfied with what I have. I just don't like that huge piece of stamped metal hanging on the back of my car.

Can anyone recommend a muffler set up that's not gonna change sound or make the exhaust any more restrictive? ...and of course look better?

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I dont have any suggestions as to what muffler to go with but i do agree the stock stamped muffler is wack. I have a down pipe rest of exhaust is stock for now. I plan on buying some tubing and making it all 3 inch or 2.5..just had my engine out so i dont wanna do any work on car for a bit.
There is a summit racing store by my house and they have a million to choose from. Its cool because you can check them out before buying

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Buy an aftr market tip and have the exhaust shop weld it for you.
Should be $100 max with parts and labor.

Korydogg

Ready to race!
Buy an aftr market tip and have the exhaust shop weld it for you.
Should be $100 max with parts and labor.

Not sure what you're saying here. Its not the tips I am concerned with. I just want a better looking muffler that isn't louder than stock.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i doubt you'll find anything that will sound the same as now and changing the suitcase muffler would be quite a bit of work. (cutting and then welding in new muffler/mufflers and piping)

i bought this exhaust (this is just the catback portion)
http://belugaracing.com/product/vw-...igh-performance-light-weight-catback-exhaust/
It was a little louder than stock (not sure how stock sounds without resonator so no comparison to that)

Its also one of the cheaper catbacks you can buy at ~$360

Not sure exactly what look you're going for. or sound as ive never heard a non resonated stock exhaust. (i would assume the Beluga one would be only a tiny bit louder as it is non resonated with 2 medium/small mufflers vs one large suitcase)

Korydogg

Ready to race!
i doubt you'll find anything that will sound the same as now and changing the suitcase muffler would be quite a bit of work. (cutting and then welding in new muffler/mufflers and piping)

i bought this exhaust (this is just the catback portion)
http://belugaracing.com/product/vw-...igh-performance-light-weight-catback-exhaust/
It was a little louder than stock (not sure how stock sounds without resonator so no comparison to that)

Its also one of the cheaper catbacks you can buy at ~$360

Not sure exactly what look you're going for. or sound as ive never heard a non resonated stock exhaust. (i would assume the Beluga one would be only a tiny bit louder as it is non resonated with 2 medium/small mufflers vs one large suitcase)

Thanks for the input. I was actually considering this route. However, I still haven't made a decision on what I want to do. It certainly looks good!

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie