GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ST's and STP's

yada22

Ready to race!
I decided to finally get wheels and suspension now that my snowboarding season has been forced to end early.

I wanted to thank Ben over at P2Spec for the coils and install and RSMark for helping me through all of my wheel and tire questions.

Suspension was installed on Saturday so im waiting for the fronts to settle some. Right now i'm all the way down in the front and 4 threads in the rear. the rear has settle over the last 2 days quite a bit.

Please excuse the photography, i'm still learning.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
ugh those wheels are tempting me soooo much. the black ones would look GREAT on my car.

i just don't want to rock reps :(

my alternative would be Work Meister's but they're so expensive and i can't find a used set.

looks great though!!! you should get some Raderwerks centercaps though. i hate the Miro logo.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Looks great, get the caps like George said.

Cali and front plate? wha?

yada22

Ready to race!
ugh those wheels are tempting me soooo much. the black ones would look GREAT on my car.

i just don't want to rock reps :(

my alternative would be Work Meister's but they're so expensive and i can't find a used set.

looks great though!!! you should get some Raderwerks centercaps though. i hate the Miro logo.

I'm ok with reps, i got no one to impress!
yea i was thinking about grabbing the raderwerks ones, def on my mind.

Looks great, get the caps like George said.

Cali and front plate? wha?

yea i didnt order my car, i got her off the lot. the plate stays till i im ready to take care of a few things on that front bumper.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Just get a euro plate to cover the existing holes.

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Wow your car looks great dude. Love the white grille stripe!

I asked you in another thread to post pics... but didn't realize you posted them here lol

My STs just came in today. So is that the lowest the fronts go? I was hoping you could get the front a little lower than that.

I'm probably gonna get mine installed next month when the weather warms up... so I can get my coil install and wheels put back on at the same time. Do you think there would be any way to modify the coils to get them lower in the front?

Thanks,

Emil

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Looks great :thumbsup:

Told you they'd fit :D

Edit: What tire size/brand did you end up with?

yada22

Ready to race!
Looks great :thumbsup:

Told you they'd fit :D

Edit: What tire size/brand did you end up with?

Yea it looks epic!! I went with the Dunlop dz101's in a 225 and 215/35, based on your advise of coarse!

I'm just waiting on the fronts to settle a bit more!!

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Yada,

How much more do you expect the coils to settle in the front?

And I'm not sure if you saw my question but would there be anyway to modify the front coils to get them to drop lower?

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Wait, the ST's utilize a helper spring don't they?

Edit: No, they don't. Thats about as low as they're going to go with out either A.) pulling the adjuster and only running the locking collar. B.) get a set of custom shorter front springs.

Last edited:

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Wait, the ST's utilize a helper spring don't they?

Edit: No, they don't. Thats about as low as they're going to go with out either A.) pulling the adjuster and only running the locking collar. B.) get a set of custom shorter front springs.

I just hope they'll go lower than the my H&R super sports.

Last edited:

yada22

Ready to race!
Yada,

How much more do you expect the coils to settle in the front?

And I'm not sure if you saw my question but would there be anyway to modify the front coils to get them to drop lower?

sorry about that last night, i answered mark through my iphone, lol.

the coils should settle maybe another half inch or so (fingers crossed). i think this is as low as the fronts are going to get. Which is disappointing. I had ST coils on my MK4 and the fronts had plenty of play and went really low, where it was the rear i couldnt get low enough. i knew i didnt want to go as low as my mk4, but i was hoping to tuck some 19's in the front.

ill probly see if mark can point me in the right direction for some shorter springs after they settle and if i'm still not 100% happy, lol.

the ride though is fantastic and i'm in love with my car again!!!

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
sorry about that last night, i answered mark through my iphone, lol.

the coils should settle maybe another half inch or so (fingers crossed). i think this is as low as the fronts are going to get. Which is disappointing. I had ST coils on my MK4 and the fronts had plenty of play and went really low, where it was the rear i couldnt get low enough. i knew i didnt want to go as low as my mk4, but i was hoping to tuck some 19's in the front.

ill probly see if mark can point me in the right direction for some shorter springs after they settle and if i'm still not 100% happy, lol.

the ride though is fantastic and i'm in love with my car again!!!

That's good to hear man. Your wheels are sick, are those 18s or 19s?

If anything keep me posted on the front... I'm sure they will settle more like you said. I'll be sure to post pics when I get mine installed.

yada22

Ready to race!
That's good to hear man. Your wheels are sick, are those 18s or 19s?

If anything keep me posted on the front... I'm sure they will settle more like you said. I'll be sure to post pics when I get mine installed.

they are 19x8 1/2 and 19 by 9 1/2

i'll def keep you posted, the coils have only been on for 3 days now, so i'll let you know how they are settling in a week or so.