GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sub-frame Bracing, Chassis Stiffening

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
These subframe braces are pretty interesting! They look pretty well made from what I can see.

Anyone that is really low though may have trouble with scraping haha.

That's true and a good point especially with the front cross member.

JP

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
I would like to know how that front brace would work in conjunction with the UNIbrace XB? The prices are pretty good as well

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
The trade off with extra bracing has to be extra weight. Wonder how heavy these pieces are?

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
I ordered all three braces a week ago. Will do a full pic review when they get here. Including measuring flex.
There were none in the States so it will take a few weeks to get here.

Uni Brace, although awesome, the UB won't fit my car as Plac has shown. I also have the UR DP with resonator and it hits the brace.
Ultra Racing brace should fit with my resonator.

I will still get the Uni Brace XB rear brace though as I believe the car can really benefit from bracing there!

Last edited:

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
The trade off with extra bracing has to be extra weight. Wonder how heavy these pieces are?
They probably aren't too heavy. Looks like they're made from steel which is definitely heavier than aluminum, but they probably are much stronger for the same thickness.

Timujin

Ready to race!
Somone get these to do some R&D for us. I had bracing similar to this on my EVO old and it helped very much. Might rip some stuff apart if you get into a crash though.

Last edited:

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
I ordered all three braces a week ago. Will do a full pic review when they get here. Including measuring flex.
There were none in the States so it will take a few weeks to get here.

Uni Brace, although awesome, the UB won't fit my car as Plac has shown. I also have the UR DP with resonator and it hits the brace.
Ultra Racing brace should fit with my resonator.

I will still get the Uni Brace XB rear brace though as I believe the car can really benefit from bracing there!

Do you have any information on the steel sizes they are using, thickness, diameter, steel type?

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Do you have any information on the steel sizes they are using, thickness, diameter, steel type?

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/template.asp?menuid=12

MATERIAL SPECIFICATION & DESIGN

Every materials used are carefully selected to ensure the best performance and safety. The brackets are made of 4mm to 5mm steel plates, while the hollow steel tubes and oval tubes are of 1.2mm to 1.6mm thickness. These materials are selected to ensure the bars are rigid and strong to maintain constant geometry at all times, yet safe enough to crumble during an impact for safety reason

:thumbsup:

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Somone get these to do some R&D for us.

They are on the way!

I'll start a new thread with full install pics and measurements when they get here.