GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subaru advice

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
That story about Serramonte Nissan is crazy. An Appt they didn't keep? What are they, doctors??

So, phalanxr, safe to say you are a "price" buyer? As opposed to monthly payment or trade or down payment buyer? Dealers will classify you that way, and may give one up to get another. Such as more money down to give you a lower price. Or lower monthly to screw you on trade.

I told them I want my payments under x ammount, i have very good credit so the interest rate should be low. At least it was when I got a credit app for an MR that i lost. 2.9%.

Im putting $5k down on it, if they cant give me a good deal im gonna get the wrx thats here and only put 4 down it and order stage 1.

P

plac

I told them I want my payments under x ammount, i have very good credit so the interest rate should be low. At least it was when I got a credit app for an MR that i lost. 2.9%.

Im putting $5k down on it, if they cant give me a good deal im gonna get the wrx thats here and only put 4 down it and order stage 1.

the last thing you tell them is your monthly payment needs. for the future.. you get the car for the right price. everything else naturally works out.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Shit not another "payment shopper"

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
the last thing you tell them is your monthly payment needs. for the future.. you get the car for the right price. everything else naturally works out.

this^^ every "buying a car" hints article has always said you NEVER come right out with what monthly price you feel comfortable with - that's one of the biggest no-no's. Its about your trade, the new car price, and interest rate - thats it.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
He said he cant do better than 33 so gonna let him sit on it for a few days.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
He said its 500 below invoice.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Dealer Cost
$33,144
Factory Invoice
$33,834
Market Average
$34,510
MSRP
$35,290

Sounds like you're getting a great deal.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
I told him appreciate it anyway ill look around. I have a feeling he will call back.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
this^^ every "buying a car" hints article has always said you NEVER come right out with what monthly price you feel comfortable with - that's one of the biggest no-no's. Its about your trade, the new car price, and interest rate - thats it.

Bingo.

Good call on letting him stew for a few days. You will probably squeeze another 500 out for sure, if not more.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
Hahaha. True enough. Im worried mod fever will be back. Nasioc said the new wrx tranny can only safely handle 300whp/tq.

And my asshole buddy with bilt ons 370z 320whp always talks the shit lmao. Bastard.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
300whp in a WRX - if you "need" that, then you need to be looking at a gently used STI instead, otherwise stick to the plan of WRX or Evo. 370z's.... look nice, dont get the best reviews for DD or even for tracking at times, due to trans and brake concerns.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
300whp in a WRX - if you "need" that, then you need to be looking at a gently used STI instead, otherwise stick to the plan of WRX or Evo. 370z's.... look nice, dont get the best reviews for DD or even for tracking at times, due to trans and brake concerns.

I was just saying it seems if i wanted to mod an wrx without a built tranny itd be limited.

I dont plan on modding the wrx, i want a nice DD thats reliable and i can take anywhere in any condition.

I think the "most" id do to this car is the following.

http://www.perrinperformance.com/subaru/wrx-2011/2009-subaru-wrx-stage-1-power-kit

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie