GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subaru advice

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I don't know if you ask me getting the WRX/EVO doesn't make much sense at the moment. They are both really old chassis and lack fuel economy.

What happened to your current car?

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
I don't know if you ask me getting the WRX/EVO doesn't make much sense at the moment. They are both really old chassis and lack fuel economy.

What happened to your current car?

My lawsuit just ended with VW, I won. The car is back to being a piece of crap again, my family insists on getting rid of it as its dangerous. And where im stationed we have a specialty job on base where we may or may not be relocating back to a snowy base.

I spent years in alaska and told myself if i ever went back to snow id have a subie or a tacoma. But i think id be bored of the tacoma, as i like to drive...very spiritedly

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
Sadly no, that would involve me going back to state of purchase for 90 days at my own expense and thats impossible with my current duty position. So i flat sued them.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
lol, well when it comes to AWD and fun there really isn't much else out there besides the cars already discussed here. WRX it is... just pull the trigger on it and call it a day

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
lol, well when it comes to AWD and fun there really isn't much else out there besides the cars already discussed here. WRX it is... just pull the trigger on it and call it a day

Yessir, the ice silver one came in last night. Gonna go look at it saturday and spend all day stalling out on a back road :D :D :D

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I want the WRX, but im always open to negotiations.

Id prefer a dual clutch over a manual anyday. I thought Evos were difficult to find yet this mitsu guy seems to have a plethora of them that have been sitting in dealer show rooms forever... makes me wonder :)

the market for them has dipped a little it seems.

Each chassis is about 4 years old, not too too bad, but yeah, and agreed on the mpg, but its one of the few trade-offs.

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
Each chassis is about 4 years old, not too too bad, but yeah, and agreed on the mpg, but its one of the few trade-offs.

I'm holding off on the WRX to see if they go new for 2013. I keep reading rumors about them using the new FA engine from the BRZ and turboing that which would yeild better mpgs. Right now the best I've gotten in the GTI is 28mpg on an all highway tank. That might be due to cold and shitty winter gas so I'll wait to see what the warmer weather does for my mpgs. If they could bump the city to 20/21 and get hightway to 27/28 on the WRX I'd be happy. When I test drove the a 2011 WRX I didn't think the interior was that bad. No where near what the GTI is but it didn't feel cheap to me. Only reason I didn't was because I couldn't talk any dealer on price. I should have just waited instead of buying the GTI, not that I'm not happy with it because I really enjoy it but then I look at a WRX and something about them makes me want them bad

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm holding off on the WRX to see if they go new for 2013. I keep reading rumors about them using the new FA engine from the BRZ and turboing that which would yeild better mpgs. Right now the best I've gotten in the GTI is 28mpg on an all highway tank. That might be due to cold and shitty winter gas so I'll wait to see what the warmer weather does for my mpgs. If they could bump the city to 20/21 and get hightway to 27/28 on the WRX I'd be happy. When I test drove the a 2011 WRX I didn't think the interior was that bad. No where near what the GTI is but it didn't feel cheap to me. Only reason I didn't was because I couldn't talk any dealer on price. I should have just waited instead of buying the GTI, not that I'm not happy with it because I really enjoy it but then I look at a WRX and something about them makes me want them bad

yep, 2013/14 could bring about some big changes for the WRX and STI, new motors, direct injection hopefully, better mpg, hopefully better interiors and stereo's, etc.

As for wanting one.. I hear ya.. the aggressive lines, awd, and quickness of those cars is very desirable.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
But in 2013/14 since we're talking about that... will bring out the new A3 which is drop dead sexy... It would def be high on my list. The 2014 A3 has been confirmed for the US. So we should see it in late 2013.

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
2013 should be interesting lot of nice cars out there. My gf and I will both be done school next May. She'll need a car and will most likely take over the GTI and I'll be on the market. My heart is set on a WRX but we'll see what happens in the coming months

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
Side note... I could go full stage 3 on my GTI, but itd still be a piece of shit just a very fast, sexy piece of shit.

:( Sad face