GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subaru advice

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Ko4 is the better choice imho, for the GTI - mostly on value, and because its still a FWD car.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
Ko4 is the better choice imho, for the GTI - mostly on value, and because its still a FWD car.

Yes, It just sucks man haha. Everything on my car is currently fixed under warranty except the bucking issues ive been getting from 1-2nd gear while driving around town.

Officially VW cant reproduce it and doesnt know what can cause bucking.

Unofficially, the mechanic told me its the clutch packs but they dont want to swap them until it pretty much breaks.

I hope this relocation to a snowy base is literally just a rumor as I only have about 2 years left in the military before I try to give school a go.

I love this GTI inside and out even with all the issues ive experienced and for the first time since ive owned it i can do the mods ive always wanted.

Im gonna go test drive a few vehicles and make a decision this weekend will let yall know.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
ah, i hear ya - yeah, if bucking and they can't figure it out, may be best to dump it then.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
Update, going to see the wrx in the am. Glad i am, my car made a loud bang today when it shifted, it was horrendous. I could feel whatever slammed in my gas pedal.

No it wasnt backfire or dsg fart.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

P

plac

Update, going to see the wrx in the am. Glad i am, my car made a loud bang today when it shifted, it was horrendous. I could feel whatever slammed in my gas pedal.

No it wasnt backfire or dsg fart.

keep your fucking wits about you.. and dont give in to a price you dont like. and don't act super excited whatever you do.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
keep your fucking wits about you.. and dont give in to a price you dont like. and don't act super excited whatever you do.

Trust me not excited at all, running off of 4 hours sleep and vodka gummies

P

plac

Trust me not excited at all, running off of 4 hours sleep and vodka gummies

thats a terrible mind state to go look at a car.. but you do what you gotta do.. you need all your sleep and NO alcohol meddling in your decisions.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
thats a terrible mind state to go look at a car.. but you do what you gotta do.. you need all your sleep and NO alcohol meddling in your decisions.

Im bringing a local version of you along lol

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
P

plac

whatever they final offer is.. you leave and think about it. and they'll be calling you back going a tiny bit lower. do not contact them for at least 24 hours once you leave. but don't test them more than once or they may not call you back.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
They said 28 for the car. 17 for trade in and said thats their max they can go. I told them kbb has my car at 19xxx they said they dont use kbb. So i left. Will wait for a phone call. Its a wrx premium dark grey graphiteish car for 30 out the door after taxes

P

plac

They said 28 for the car. 17 for trade in and said thats their max they can go. I told them kbb has my car at 19xxx they said they dont use kbb. So i left. Will wait for a phone call. Its a wrx premium dark grey graphiteish car for 30 out the door after taxes

only thing i want to hear is what is MSRP and how much are they giving you off sticker.

obviously you can't expect full KBB "good" trade-in value, so don't even dream about that. but $1000 less would be a decent dealer offer. anything less, naw..

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
Sticker was 29.5. They said theyd give it to me for like 28. 2.9 interest rate. I told them i wanted 18 for the trade so ill wait if not ill go back later.

P

plac

Sticker was 29.5. They said theyd give it to me for like 28. 2.9 interest rate. I told them i wanted 18 for the trade so ill wait if not ill go back later.

hmmm.. not terrible, but not anything you jump at either.

you want a solid $2000 off sticker. AND $18k for your trade. then i'd prob do it. That would lower your payments ~ $40 month if you are doing 5 years. IIRC each $1000 you put into your deal lowers a 60 month payment $20.

Last edited:

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
hmmm.. not terrible, but nothing anything you jump at either.

you want a solid $2000 off sticker. AND $18k for your trade. then i'd prob do it. That would lower your payments ~ $40 month if you are doing 5 years. IIRC each $1000 you put into your deal lowers a 60 month payment $20.

I fell in love with it. I didnt think it was a horrible deal, but i know they can do better.

The manager said they refuse to budge on the wrx price because they can sell it easily, I hope they give me a call back tommorow with a better trade in quote, they said they use black book