GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Support GolfMK6 by making your wheels and tires purchases from Tire Rack

djrobot

Passed Driver's Ed
If I wanted to get 18 or 19 inch BBS LM's with as much lip as possible, what would my options be? I believe I'm currently 1.75 inches lower than stock on Billstein PSS10 coils. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
If I wanted to get 18 or 19 inch BBS LM's with as much lip as possible, what would my options be? I believe I'm currently 1.75 inches lower than stock on Billstein PSS10 coils. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The only fit we recommend would be the 19x8.5 ET48.

djrobot

Passed Driver's Ed
The only fit we recommend would be the 19x8.5 ET48.

I'm just googling some images here. et 48 still has a decent bit of lip, if what I'm looking at is correct.

Going off these pics:

Not the same wheel but should be same lip, right?

Is it possible to stagger them? Could I do the 9.5's on the back? Or would I want to avoid that with the 19's?

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Sonny,

I decided to bite the bullet and buy the Goodyear Asymmetric 2 last night. I've tried researching this tire and they seem to be popular in Europe (Apparently they finished no worse than 3rd in 8 different comparison tests) but not so much in the US. I've only found a few people on this forum and other (US based) forums. Why is that?

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
Sonny,

I decided to bite the bullet and buy the Goodyear Asymmetric 2 last night. I've tried researching this tire and they seem to be popular in Europe (Apparently they finished no worse than 3rd in 8 different comparison tests) but not so much in the US. I've only found a few people on this forum and other (US based) forums. Why is that?

It is most likely because it is a newer tire that it hasn't yet gained much of a following. Additionally it did not get quite as much press at launch as say the Pilot Super Sport from Michelin.

Last edited:

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Oh alright thanks :thumbsup: I was a bit confused because I know performance wise they won't match the SuperSports but it's gotten very positive reviews from people overseas and I think they are comparable to the Continental ExtremeContact DW in terms of performance, daily "live-ability", and price.

Nimche

Go Kart Champion
just ordered a set of 4
225/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3

I hope they are very good as few reviews I found, make this tire worth the money.

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
just ordered a set of 4
225/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3

I hope they are very good as few reviews I found, make this tire worth the money.

Thanks! If you ordered through the link on the site or referenced my name, i will see it and expedite for you.

-=E=-

Hi Sonny,

I'm on stock Pirelli tires and I find the road noise to be very high. Any recommendations on all season tires with lower road noise?

Thanks!

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
Hi Sonny,

I'm on stock Pirelli tires and I find the road noise to be very high. Any recommendations on all season tires with lower road noise?

Thanks!

Are you a spirited driver? You could go with a touring style tire if performance isn't as much of an issue.