GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Support GolfMK6 by making your wheels and tires purchases from Tire Rack

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
17x8 ET50...pretty tame and very little poke if any...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Though it isn't one of our recommended sizes, load capacity is fine as is an 8" wide wheel with the size. It may require some fender modification especially if lowered and ET45 or less.

Suggestions?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Maybe 235/45/17 would be a safer bet.

I would love 235/40/17 but the brand offerings are very limited

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
235/45/17 is taller than stock though...Though I think Gunkata ran that on his DG spring GTI when he had it...

Yep. by 1.2%

235/40 is pretty dead on, but are limited brand availability.

245/40 is a good setup, but is suspect for rubbing

255 has been done before by 2 guys on MKV :) Crazy fellas.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I am tempted to go to 255/40 when new tires are needed....but PSS is not available in that size...I think sticking to stock height gives me a bit more leeway...

gmoney67

Passed Driver's Ed
Just ordered a set of 225/40/18 P Zero Rossos (for less than $500 shipped!) to put on my 18x8 et43 BBS CH 028s.

Really looking forward to the summer! :thumbsup:

TDICup902

Ready to race!
I had a question regarding OZ Wheels and powdercoating. I recently picked up a set of 17x8 OZ Allegeritta's in gloss black. Scored a good deal on them so didn't care about the finish.

If I wanted to powdercoat them a different color will the process in and shape or form damage the wheel or weaken it?

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Is there such a thing as a lightweight wheel that comes in 18x9 et35 ?

I see a total of one option in the Enkei PF01. Is that it?

(Background: I want to run 265/35/18 or maybe 255/35/18 tires on my S4. Stock wheels are 18x8 et43 with 235/40/18 tires)

edit: looking for et35 now not 40, turns out 40 will most likely hit my control arms.

Last edited:

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
I had a question regarding OZ Wheels and powdercoating. I recently picked up a set of 17x8 OZ Allegeritta's in gloss black. Scored a good deal on them so didn't care about the finish.

If I wanted to powdercoat them a different color will the process in and shape or form damage the wheel or weaken it?

I would not recommended it. You want to avoid the powder coating process on any wheel that is heat treated (which the Alleggerita is) as it can make the wheel soft.