GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Surging/Rough Idle

mossymemedogg

Hi Golf R people,

Recently my '12 R has started to have a slight surging idle/misfire? (no CEL)
seeing as how it has been a while since the plugs were done, I replaced the plugs and coils. The surging idle continued.

I inspected the PCV system and found that the breather hose to the manifold had a hole in it, from rubbing on the engine cover mount thingy.
so I replaced the breather hose but surprisingly it didn't help.

Is it possible that the vacuum leak damaged the PCV valve or another part of the ventilation system?

has anyone a similar issue, or does everyone just run catch can?

Info on the car:
APR Stage 1
APR hpfp,exhaust
Racingline intake

Thanks for the help.

joeyfrost

Ready to race!
Check the connection of the intake pipe and turbo and the sensor on the intake pipe remove and make sure there is no debris

Mk6 Golf R | APR Stage 2+

mossymemedogg

Check the connection of the intake pipe and turbo and the sensor on the intake pipe remove and make sure there is no debris

Mk6 Golf R | APR Stage 2+

I removed intake and checked the maf, there didn't seem to be any debris that I could see, aside from a slight dusting on the maf blade itself.

I will remove the turbo inlet pipe today and check for debris in that.
My air filter has been on the car for a while so I ordered a replacement filter just to eliminate that possibility.

mossymemedogg

Any updates. I am getting the same issue all of a sudden with the AC on.
How rough is the idle?
How many miles on your car, ever been carbon cleaned?

I had my mechanic drive it after he installed a new clutch and he said it is more than likely due to the carbon buildup on the back of the intake valves and it will need a carbon cleaning in the near future. it just hasn't started misfiring and throwing a CEL yet.

0-60Motorsports

Since 1998
How rough is the idle?
How many miles on your car, ever been carbon cleaned?

I had my mechanic drive it after he installed a new clutch and he said it is more than likely due to the carbon buildup on the back of the intake valves and it will need a carbon cleaning in the near future. it just hasn't started misfiring and throwing a CEL yet.

Its pretty bad, i think i have a boost leak but i couldnt see anything right now. Carbon cleaning was done less than 1500km ago. the car has 125,000km on the clock and is a DSG. the surging is particularly bad with AC on and in D. no CEL.