GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SW Florida 10 CW

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Emblem update

Upgrade to rear GTI emblem. Plan on doing front the same once badgless grill is on.

Last edited:

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
New Rotors on order

Ordered these today from Adams Rotors (front and rear). Everything is made to order, so have to wait 3 weeks. Also ordered, SS lines from ECS and Hawk pads.

This is the Drill/Drill/Slot Pattern.. I also ordered the matte red hubs and silver zinc coating option.
[/IMG]

Last edited:

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
in for pics...liking your build so far. :thumbsup:

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Adding Resonator to RAI Turbo Back

I decided the catless TBE exhaust I got from RAI is a touch too loud. Talked to Ray at RAI and he said it is pretty common to add a resonator and suggested Vibrant 18 inch bottle. Will post pics of it installed, before and after and try to get a video of each also. Probably be about 2-3 weeks before on the car. Will do it at same time as brake upgrade (post 18).

[/IMG]

Last edited:

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Front Side Shave job - step 1

No going back now. :rolleyes:

Dropped off the front bumper and the hood to a good custom auto body shop(took a while to find someone). Hood notch is getting welded in, to go with no emblem. Bumper is getting shaved of every thing, along with installing my Reiger front I have been sitting on for a while. Lower grill insert being body color matched.

Should take 1-2 weeks before it is back on the car.:thumbdown:

Did not want to leave the car with the shop, as to prevent overspray, etc. that always seems to happen in paint shops. So here it sits in my gargage awaiting the return of the hood and bumper.

[/IMG]

Last edited:

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Front GTI emblem- red

Ordered this today from Rapid Stylez(ebay, UK). Size say 9cmX2.3cm. Will see how the quality is.

[/IMG]

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Update on Shave job:

Here is the hood, with initial plate welded in and some filler. 1 more week till its all done...(hope). Also...glad
I did not leave car in body shop...body shops suck. Your car will get collateral damage.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Bumper match up to my new grill is going to take some additional moding. Grill I ordered does not have the tabs in exactly the same spot as stock, so we have to modify the bumper slightly so the tabs can pop in.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited:

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Nose Job update

Picked up the car today from the body shop. Pretty happy with the results, but still have some detailing to do. I think it is a pretty unique look with the Rieger spoiler, color match, shaved whole bumper and hood notch removal.

Quick pictures for now, plan on a better photo shoot once all details complete.

Summary:
-Rieger front spoiler with CF underspoiler/sword
-Color match lower grill
-Hood notch filled
-Upper grilled replaced
-Bumper shaved (side markers, washer blanks)

Rear body work/shave will start soon.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Caught a curb today

one step forward...two steps back...right front tire and wheel took a hit today. Chunk out of the tire and nice gauge in the wheel. Discount Tire is sending me a replacement tire...glad I got the warranty. Wheel, will have to be repaired, but I had other scratches from crappy balance technician that I needed painted, plus my center caps need paint...

So a new project added to the list.

Last edited:

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
UPS arrives!

Stuff I have been waitin on shows up. Be on soon.

Adams Rotors- look great, good quality.
[/IMG]

CF rear diffuser, quality looks great

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Replacement Hankook arrives from Discount Tire.

Hella Horns arrived.