GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tail lights on with DRL?

Pseudo Nim

Ready to race!
Is it possible to keep the tail lights on with DRL being on? I always find it annoying when other people have full on headlights as DRL but not tails - so I don't want to be one of those (and I like my LED tails on, anyway :) ). Any way of linking them to the front DRLs?

Pseudo Nim

Ready to race!
Euro switch

Ok, I thought maybe there was a vagcom code to do this. Of course, the other problem is on my R I don't have any fogs and I don't want the fog euroswitch .... oh well. If that's the only way :)

BMWs allow setting just about any lights as DRLs, so I thought there was similar here.

Powling

Ready to race!
You can run your parking lights as your DRL's (2010, 2011 and 2012) with the euro switch and some VAGCOM coding. Check this link out.

Powling

Ready to race!
If you don't have the 2012 LED lights, you can replace the wedge bulbs with an LED replacement and they will be a light brighter, perfect for DRL's.

Pseudo Nim

Ready to race!
You can run your parking lights as your DRL's (2010, 2011 and 2012) with the euro switch and some VAGCOM coding. Check this link out.

I'm not sure, but I think the R doesn't have parking lights - I think they were so uncontrollably excited that they managed to find a LED bar to replace the dogs that it functions as "everything". I guess my best bet is to get the euro switch, though, since I want the *tails* on.

Deaks2

Ready to race!
Correction, 2010-2011 Xenon models cannot run the front parking light as a DRL. Your options are HID DRLs or foglights. I use my foglights as my DRLs.

Powling

Ready to race!
Ahh, thanks for the correction. I have yet to do this mod, was just going by what I've read. Good to know!

SgtBatten

epic thread revive. I have an AU 118TSI so i believe i have what you call the euroswitch by default.

I have installed LED head and tail lights and I want my tail lights on all the time if the switch is set to auto. Right now the tail lights only come on when the headlights come on.
Iv'e spent days trawling forums but not come to a definitive solution yet. My byte 18 default was 02 if that helps as i had stock halogens.