GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

talk me out of selling my GTI

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Im particular to the GTI over the R minus the AWD part. maybe just slap an LSD in and call it a day. after I fix the numerous oil leaks and engine light.

An LSD makes a night and day difference in the GTI. It's easily my favorite mod, hands down.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Eh. Personally I don't like the Golf R at all. For 6R/7R money you can have a clean low miles B8/8.5 S4 which is better in just about every way fathomable.

Eh, I dunno. I had a B8.5 S4 (and an 8V S3 at the same time) and while it was nice I really have to balk at saying it is better in every conceivable way. For starters that girl is FAT. LOL To really get the most out of the Quattro system you'll want the Sport Diff which is rarer and it still has body roll and nose heavy issues. It has it's own issues like water pump, wheel bearings, and have to think about cooling the supercharger with bigger power. It is fun, and the power delivery from the supercharged V6 is intoxicating but the corners leave it wanting. I always said if I could put the 3.0 from the S4 in the S3 that would be close to perfect.

Bottomline, everything has it's pros and cons and as always YMMV from person to person as we all have different wants and needs.

Man, the car payments thing is a whole other can of worms. LMAO It's that topic where all the maths in the world can't overcome the wants. Because the wants are unquantifiable and unique. Reminds me of a great Sheldon line from Big Bang; "Those are concise and well thought out points. I reject them all." :ROFLMAO: