GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI intake?

YeahBuddy

Go Kart Champion
Love the new addition, and a tad more throttle response. The noise inside the garage is so awesome. Well played injen.

BrShootr

Ready to race!
The CAI DOES give you better throttle response! The extra noise, the knowledge that you have a new "mod" in your car (different means better, right?) all add up to more aggressive throttle response from your right foot. Anyone that says any different is just ignoring the facts. :D

azthegame

Ready to race!
No you don't, that leads to nothing but open space behind the engine. It is there so the built up heat behind the engine can get carried back into the intake.

There is a bolt holding it down, I removed mine and it indeed is nothing but am open vent as I described.

AJ_LoDato

Installed this Amazon intake on mine. Only cost $60 and sounds just how I wanted it to - like a power stroke lol. Primarily installed it for the sounds as it didn't increase mpg's at all and i'm sure its sucking in much hotter air. If you're interested in going this route, I made a video on the install and some before & after sounds. Hope this helps!! (Youtube: 'AJ LoDato')

IMG_5662.JPG
IMG_5661.JPG