GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
At least I'm happy for you. I'm still working because I deliver pharmacy to hospice patients and it is always depressing doing that. But now when I'm making deliveries and the traffic is low everywhere and so many businesses are closed it tears my heart out. I can't stand to see society torn apart like this. I also have COPD and am over 70 so it scares the hell out of me. I'm taking every precaution I can but when I'm in the pharmacy picking up the deliveries I'm around a lot of people and you just don't know who could be a carrier.

Stay safe.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Stay safe.

You also especially since you probably are helping people who are infected. I'm at risk for what I already stated but holy crap you're PA job is precarious in these times. I genuinely salute you for your work.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Thank you for continuing to take care of others. Keep taking those precautions. My thoughts are with you.

+1

My father in law passed in hospice care on Thursday after taking a heart attack almost 3 weeks ago. No visitors allowed, which makes it hard for family. My heart hurts for those spending their end days alone.

Big thanks to everyone on the front lines.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
+1

My father in law passed in hospice care on Thursday after taking a heart attack almost 3 weeks ago. No visitors allowed, which makes it hard for family. My heart hurts for those spending their end days alone.

So sorry for your loss.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
+1

Sorry for your loss

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You also especially since you probably are helping people who are infected. I'm at risk for what I already stated but holy crap you're PA job is precarious in these times. I genuinely salute you for your work.

I'm not credentialed there, I just work on the project, but it's looking like I might get called back to active duty. I guess the good news, if I'm back on active duty and this thing kills me, my wife gets more money.

Anyone seeing what's coming out of China and Asia? There's a number of reinfections. We're fucked. The only hope at this point is an effective treatment and mass testing. When this gets going in Africa and India, the toll is going to be unimaginable.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I'm not credentialed there, I just work on the project, but it's looking like I might get called back to active duty. I guess the good news, if I'm back on active duty and this thing kills me, my wife gets more money.

Anyone seeing what's coming out of China and Asia? There's a number of reinfections. We're fucked. The only hope at this point is an effective treatment and mass testing. When this gets going in Africa and India, the toll is going to be unimaginable.

In an emergency would you not being credentialed there matter? And there's no hope of an effective treatment on the horizon so mass testing is essential.

I'm very aware of integrative doctors who use treatments outside of what is covered by insurance. Natural treatments can't be patented so the insurance industry won't cover them. But with regards to Covid-19 an integrative doctor would recommend either intravenous hydrogen peroxide treatment or hydrogen peroxide treatment breathed through a nebulizer. As far as a nebulizer is concerned a doctor would use 3% pharmaceutical hydrogen peroxide mixed in 100 cc of saline and breathed hourly through a nebulizer. I have an appointment with my pulmonary doctor on April 6th and I'm going to ask him to provide that to me. He probably won't so I'm looking for an integrative doctor close to me that will.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
@GTIfan99 I have a question for you. I have a steam machine that fits around my mouth and nose. If I can get the hydrogen peroxide solution would breathing it through a machine that produces steam be as effective as a nebulizer? I'm a little unclear about the difference between them. Thank you.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
In an emergency would you not being credentialed there matter? And there's no hope of an effective treatment on the horizon so mass testing is essential.

I'm very aware of integrative doctors who use treatments outside of what is covered by insurance. Natural treatments can't be patented so the insurance industry won't cover them. But with regards to Covid-19 an integrative doctor would recommend either intravenous hydrogen peroxide treatment or hydrogen peroxide treatment breathed through a nebulizer. As far as a nebulizer is concerned a doctor would use 3% pharmaceutical hydrogen peroxide mixed in 100 cc of saline and breathed hourly through a nebulizer. I have an appointment with my pulmonary doctor on April 6th and I'm going to ask him to provide that to me. He probably won't so I'm looking for an integrative doctor close to me that will.

I haven't practiced in 8 years, but yes, I could get privileges. No need yet, as we've had one patient so far and I'll likely get get activated for the field hospital the military is setting here. I'm hanging low until I'm needed, I've got lung damage from 3 combat tours breathing oil smoke (spent 3 months in Kuwait treating those fighting the oil fires, it was night for 3 months straight and rained oil 24/7), burn pits, and sand, so I'm not thrilled at the prospect, but I'll do what I have to do. My wife still works at the hospital I retired out of, but she's in administration, so no direct care, but she's still certified to work as a lab tech, so she'll get pulled to the lab when it gets bad. Her hospital has no covid patients as of Friday, so I think this is the calm before the storm. Smaller cities like Jacksonville are likely 2 weeks behind the larger cities and rural areas another 2 weeks behind that.

Do you have any info on treatment you listed? I'd be interested. I've been trying to read up on all the different therapies that are being tried for when the shit hits the fan. The CDC is being very tight with information and not providing enough information for hospitals to treat patients. There needs to be a much better sharing of information on treatment information and what's working and not working. With the AI system we're building, I'd love to get my hands on the raw demographics, med hx, treatments and outcomes from across the world. Getting that level of data will take a year or more though.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
@GTIfan99 I have a question for you. I have a steam machine that fits around my mouth and nose. If I can get the hydrogen peroxide solution would breathing it through a machine that produces steam be as effective as a nebulizer? I'm a little unclear about the difference between them. Thank you.

That would certainly work in a pinch, but I worry about the effectiveness of the treatment you're proposing.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I haven't practiced in 8 years, but yes, I could get privileges. No need yet, as we've had one patient so far and I'll likely get get activated for the field hospital the military is setting here. I'm hanging low until I'm needed, I've got lung damage from 3 combat tours breathing oil smoke (spent 3 months in Kuwait treating those fighting the oil fires, it was night for 3 months straight and rained oil 24/7), burn pits, and sand, so I'm not thrilled at the prospect, but I'll do what I have to do. My wife still works at the hospital I retired out of, but she's in administration, so no direct care, but she's still certified to work as a lab tech, so she'll get pulled to the lab when it gets bad. Her hospital has no covid patients as of Friday, so I think this is the calm before the storm. Smaller cities like Jacksonville are likely 2 weeks behind the larger cities and rural areas another 2 weeks behind that.

Do you have any info on treatment you listed? I'd be interested. I've been trying to read up on all the different therapies that are being tried for when the shit hits the fan. The CDC is being very tight with information and not providing enough information for hospitals to treat patients. There needs to be a much better sharing of information on treatment information and what's working and not working. With the AI system we're building, I'd love to get my hands on the raw demographics, med hx, treatments and outcomes from across the world. Getting that level of data will take a year or more though.

Had no idea about your background and I salute you again.

I get a newsletter from an integrative doctor that you have to subscribe to. I printed the info for my pulmonary doctor but I'll send you the link from where I printed it but I don't know if you'll be able to read it if it wants you to login. If you have to login I'll try and figure out a different way to get it to you hopefully short of mailing a copy to you. Also he sent a team of doctors to Africa during the ebola outbreak and used the same treatment plus ozone treatments and were very successful but the press would never allow that to come out.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
That would certainly work in a pinch, but I worry about the effectiveness of the treatment you're proposing.

Thank you for that reply. The treatment I mentioned doesn't have any side effects and doesn't cause any harm and the doctor I got the info from says it's helpful for respiratory conditions like mine so I would be eager to try it.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
At least I'm happy for you. I'm still working because I deliver pharmacy to hospice patients and it is always depressing doing that. But now when I'm making deliveries and the traffic is low everywhere and so many businesses are closed it tears my heart out. I can't stand to see society torn apart like this. I also have COPD and am over 70 so it scares the hell out of me. I'm taking every precaution I can but when I'm in the pharmacy picking up the deliveries I'm around a lot of people and you just don't know who could be a carrier.
Wear a mask! People may look at you funny, but hey! FFP3 rated is the type needed and wash your hands with plenty of soap or use hand sanitiser after touching anything while you’re collecting, don’t touch your face at all without clean hands.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Wear a mask! People may look at you funny, but hey! FFP3 rated is the type needed

Wrong.....NOT a tight fit, & will not filter the very fine virus particles when it disperses from the water droplets you cough/sneeze out....you need a A2 twin cartridge filter for organic vapours...

I'm a qualified Technical Architect so know building ventilations systems, sick building syndrome, & why you get flu/virus traveling through a buildings ventilation system…....& also the number of air changes required in a space ..in an ideal system...which usually doesn't happen as there are dead spaces etc...

In the right atmosphere the virus if coughed/sneezed out into the air will travel further than 2m...& will hang in the air for longer & be taken to different areas......one of the first deaths in UK was from a man who went to a restaurant..& at the same place was a man just back from Italy who had it....so the person who got infected did so by being in the same contaminated air space & outside the 2m zone......the more moist & still the air the longer it will "hang" there....also bright sunlight will still kill it...so out in the sun on a windy day is great!!

How the feck do people think Doctors with all the plastic sheeting/disposable gloves/aprons etc. & even those wearing the fine dust/water mist masks (FFP3) are still getting the virus??....all down to the air being heavily contaminated...& the mask not upto the job when spending so long in the bad air..

Basically spend NO more than 15mins in any enclosed office/space/shop etc......unless you have a grade A2 mask......I don't have one as all sold out where I am...so play "supermarket sweep".....high speed shopping!!..if big lines of people I come back later on...

linky to an article on the MIT report into flu germs spreading .....

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-far-sneeze-cough-germs-can-travel-2018-10?r=US&IR=T

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Wrong.....NOT a tight fit, & will not filter the very fine virus particles when it disperses from the water droplets you cough/sneeze out....you need a A2 twin cartridge filter for organic vapours...

I'm a qualified Technical Architect so know building ventilations systems, sick building syndrome, & why you get flu/virus traveling through a buildings ventilation system…....& also the number of air changes required in a space ..in an ideal system...which usually doesn't happen as there are dead spaces etc...

In the right atmosphere the virus if coughed/sneezed out into the air will travel further than 2m...& will hang in the air for longer & be taken to different areas......one of the first deaths in UK was from a man who went to a restaurant..& at the same place was a man just back from Italy who had it....so the person who got infected did so by being in the same contaminated air space & outside the 2m zone......the more moist & still the air the longer it will "hang" there....also bright sunlight will still kill it...so out in the sun on a windy day is great!!

How the feck do people think Doctors with all the plastic sheeting/disposable gloves/aprons etc. & even those wearing the fine dust/water mist masks (FFP3) are still getting the virus??....all down to the air being heavily contaminated...& the mask not upto the job when spending so long in the bad air..

Basically spend NO more than 15mins in any enclosed office/space/shop etc......unless you have a grade A2 mask......I don't have one as all sold out where I am...so play "supermarket sweep".....high speed shopping!!..if big lines of people I come back later on...

linky to an article on the MIT report into flu germs spreading .....

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-far-sneeze-cough-germs-can-travel-2018-10?r=US&IR=T
totally agree, except that FFP3 are able to filter liquid aerosols, WHO confirmed yesterday during their daily live press Q&A that COVID-19 is not an airborne (aerosol) disease, the reason these medical personal are getting sick is that they have the wrong masks (surgical or FFP2 etc) while carrying out invasive respirator work, doing this creates high volumes of aerosol and without the correct masks (FFP3 or better) they are becoming infected, ALL of the masks delivered by the UK MOD to NHS hospitals over the past few days are FFP3, WHO, Public health England etc etc all recommend FFP3 , if not carrying out procedures that create aerosol (getting groceries) then surgical or FFP2 are adequate, but even then if nobody coughs or sneezes anywhere near you and you don’t touch your face before thoroughly cleaning your hands etc you should in theory be ok, as you say, it’s best to take the greatest precautions however and avoid people as much as possible and think along the lines that everything is infected and clean everywhere as much as possible.
3553B45E-E035-41B4-9CF3-A1F14F9010D0.jpeg

Last edited: