GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
There's a difference between civilians dying in war and deliberately attacking civilians.

All is fair in war. We didn't start WWII. Japan killed millions of civilians in China. Germany bombed cities all over Europe and slaughtered millions of Jewish civilians. There is absolutely no doubt that using the bomb in Japan saved countless American lives versus an invasion. It's a tragedy that civilians died at the hand of all sides in the war.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
All is fair in war. We didn't start WWII. Japan killed millions of civilians in China. Germany bombed cities all over Europe and slaughtered millions of Jewish civilians. There is absolutely no doubt that using the bomb in Japan saved countless American lives versus an invasion. It's a tragedy that civilians died at the hand of all sides in the war.

No, that's not the way it works. It shows your lack of morals runs deep.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
But, but, he committed war crimes first.

Jim's either immoral or a 4th grader. Based on his "I know you are, but what am I" retorts, it could go either way.

cb1111

Dropping the bomb not only saved countless American lives but undoubtedly also saved thousands of Japanese lives.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
No, that's not the way it works. It shows your lack of morals runs deep.
I see. The way it works is we get bombed at Pearl Harbor and are now directly involved in WWII and all the other participants in the war kill civilians but we expressly can't do that. Fuck that.

I don't condone it but we didn't start the war.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion

Jim's either immoral or a 4th grader. Based on his "I know you are, but what am I" retorts, it could go either way.
We're still issuing purple hearts today that were manufactured in 1945 in preparation for the invasion of Japan, where military planners assumed American casualties would be so high that we preemptively manufactured 500,000 of them. Operation Downfall would have seen 15 nukes obliterate entire swaths of the Japanese coastline, with American troops marching through the craters to press into the mainland. Experience from Okinawa showed the Japanese were more than willing to press the civilian populace into charging Americans with bamboo spears, using them as human shields, and encouraging mass suicides. It would be foolish to assume that such behavior wouldn't exist in defending the mainland, hell if anything it would intensify it.

The bombings of Nagasaki and Hiroshima were a tragedy, but perversely it was in all likelihood the least bloody solution to get the Imperial Japanese government to capitulate.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion

I'm pretty sick of your holier than thou stance.

You tell me why every other country in WWII killed civilians but we absolutely couldn't. Like I said I don't condone it.