GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Trump causing vaccine is like saying shell caused electric cars

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Not even close. Ludicrous how you can derive that from what I said.
Then you must have voted for trump because you want monopolies to kill illegal immigrant children.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
the MOST SECURE election ever? Really?

I gotta say, while Biden has unofficially but officially won, (which i am fine with! IF i would have voted this year, i probably would have voted Biden) this has not been the most secure election in history. I imagine almost some sort of bellcurve of secureness over the years...

* 1800's - people elected that just by default have power, by those who had horses and carriages to get to town hall and say 'aye'. Not secure, you could probably just get shot if you didn't vote how they wanted
* Early 1900's - getting a little better, we had a more effective mail system to get votes around, but that was not tracked and there were no electronics to really help compile the data. However, the people had a lot of power, taking the great depression out of the mix, in the 'roaring 20's'.
* Early to mid 1900's - kind of unique that most everybody was watching the same ~3 news stations, reading the same paper, talking with eachother throughout still relatively small communities. America was largely UNITED in that everyone really wanted much of the same thing - liberty, freedom, safety, good economy, and didn't yet have many of the super complex global problems and existential threats we face today.
*Mid to late 1900's - probably the most secure as there was a balance of people going to official places to vote, having it scanned right in front of them through a non-biased (presumably) machine and all votes went through largely the same method, leading to a clear end result on election night. Also, the results were probably closer to 70/30, 60/40, not 51/49, or however stupid close this one has been in a lot of areas.
* 2000's and on - We quickly have found that we unknowingly created a ton of massive existential threats (nuclear war, climate change, resource depletion, overpopulation, drug war, refugee crises) all while the last 100 years have been soley focused on creating an ever growing economy which is simply not sustainable long term. This is ALSO occurring when media has fine tuned its ability to brainwash people of all walks of life which means everyone is brainwashed into fighting with eachother while complacently letting everything get worse at the same time. Introduce exponentially expanding technology, but having MAIL IN BALLOTS, a very closed door, not transparent voting or counting process, and yeah, not the most secure election ever. This is also occuring after people have complained for the last 4 years that the previous election was rigged. This results in large swathes of the population that will not accept the election results as official either way it turns out. This will continue into the next few elections at minimum unless the voting system maximizes transparency and the people feel as though government has their best interests in mind.
* Future - will either get worse until we reach the end of the typical 2-300 year republic and collapse leading to extreme global war, or we will radically reconstruct our entire political system (not likely but i'm a hopeful person) based on all risks noted above and start a new bellcurve, then slowly degrade as the values are lost over generations again.

Why didn't you vote?

riceburner

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Why didn't you vote?
Blue state whether i vote or not. Dont like biden or trump, neither will even piss in the wind with how i want to see things change. The whole left/right system is vreaking down terribly and i just cant stick with it anymore.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
His twitter hack douche status has gone on much longer than COVID.

I was annoyed by his douchery when he dropped his roadster and took investors for a ride.
Musk is as much of an ass as the people that drive his cars. Like the one that rolled back 15' into the front of my car the other day even with me laying on the horn ( I couldn't move because of someone behind me). I put on my blinker after we went through the light and turned into the next parking lot and he just took off of course. Luckily no damage.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Blue state whether i vote or not. Dont like biden or trump, neither will even piss in the wind with how i want to see things change. The whole left/right system is vreaking down terribly and i just cant stick with it anymore.

I agree and it's why I switched to independent several years ago. I just wish a true independent would rise to national prominence. In Arizona people registered as independent are now equal in numbers to the other parties. And also in Arizona independents can't vote in primary elections making voter turnout look low. It used to be you had a difficult time telling the parties apart but now they are vastly different.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I’m an independent/swing voter, I don’t follow any party lines.

This time I voted for Biden for the single purpose of helping give Trump a stiff boot in the ass. /list.