GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
The big problem in Texas will be the thaw - when all those frozen pipes (that broke) start leaking water everywhere.
Actually I can understand why Texas has water lines freezing and breaking. There was a point in time where the building code in Ohio where I lived specified the depth that water lines needed to be buried to not freeze and then we had a winter that the temperature didn't go above freezing for 2 months and they rewrote the code to bury the water lines deeper because of pipes freezing. It's like in Arizona there are building codes that have to meet the requirements to survive a flood and when that flood exceeds the codes they'll rewrite it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I’m not saying whose to blame here, just saying that the reason it happened is because the weather is WAY outside norms. How many people die in Chicago when it gets into triple digits?
I agree about the weather being outside what building codes required. To make the building codes meet any extreme would make new construction that much more expensive.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Actually I can understand why Texas has water lines freezing and breaking. There was a point in time where the building code in Ohio where I lived specified the depth that water lines needed to be buried to not freeze and then we had a winter that the temperature didn't go above freezing for 2 months and they rewrote the code to bury the water lines deeper because of pipes freezing. It's like in Arizona there are building codes that have to meet the requirements to survive a flood and when that flood exceeds the codes they'll rewrite it.

It’s not the depth of the waterlines. It takes weeks and weeks to get the frost line low enough to hit the standard line depth. Longer than MN because geology and shit.

it’s the pipes in the walls and such freeze, the ice spits the pipes, shit thaws out and all hell breaks loose.

cb1111

It’s not the depth of the waterlines. It takes weeks and weeks to get the frost line low enough to hit the standard line depth. Longer than MN because geology and shit.

it’s the pipes in the walls and such freeze, the ice spits the pipes, shit thaws out and all hell breaks loose.
We had a townhouse with a garage attached with a 10 foot breezeway. Codes required a sprinkler system, but the builder apparently forgot to insulate the one point in that breezeway.

One day in February (I think it was the year of Snowmageddon), my wife drives up to the garage and sees water pouring out from the door. The pipe going to the sprinkler head froze, broke and was fine until it warmed up. I think USAA paid $20k for the repair.

When we built the new house I made sure that every water pipe was over insulated.