GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

anotero

Autocross Champion
I actually did steer around Pepsi products at the grocery store the other day.

These conglomerates are so big though you really have to put effort in to avoid their products.
I can compile a list of all the stuff they and their daughter companies make. Because fuck them.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Again well stated. And I would add I've yet to see a single person in this thread who is on the fence about what they believe. Every person in this thread came in here with their mind made up.

It's the average person sitting at home unsure of the truth that's going from site to site trying to get the truth.
Most don't give a shit about the truth.

zrickety

The Fixer
I am not responsible for what other people do.
Wow, what a crazy idea. You should make a public service announcement.

cb1111

Let's dispel this fantasy that anyone is killing anyone else with their posts in this thread. Let's, for a moment, try to envision this imaginary "at risk" person.

1. This person not only has to find these forums but wander into this flamer thread with the weird title on his/her own, think it's a good place to get medical and science advice and read some or all of the covid posts in this forum.
2. This person has to be either neutral on the subject (highly unlikely) or already predisposed to agree with conspiracy stuff
3. This person's beliefs may be be slightly reinforced by some comment about this or that (the same thing we all do, confirmation bias)
4. This person now commits (or doesn't commit) some action or actions based on this reinforcement that results in someone else's suffering or death based on the information they read here

That's not just a stretch, it's insanely unlikely. But all this can be changed by a well constructed rebuttal! You just save the world! No. You didn't save shit. It's been said over and over, no one is changing their opinion about anything based on what's in this thread. You want to argue the merits of a position, do your thing. Telling someone they shouldn't post what they want or like any post they want because of what someone else might do is disingenuous and avoiding the issue of contention.

I had this b.... woman lecture me about having my dog at the pool. How it will encourage other people to do it. Now I have permission from both the state and the manager to have her down there. Yet she's telling me I shouldn't do something I'm allow to do because it will cause others to break the rules. I am not responsible for what other people do. Additionally she's telling me this while passing her wine bottle over the concrete around the hot tub which is totally against the rules. Might influence someone else! Bullshit.

Obviously you can tell me to fuck off and that's fine. But this is just like voter id laws. There is no problem so all the BS is completely unnecessary.
That is a very simplistic way of looking at it.
I think you are assuming that the person who is killed has to read this thread which is not required.

All it takes is someone to read zricks insane lying propoganda, think it's true (as zrick does) and then they cease or continue to cease taking protective measures against covid. That could spread covid more and kill people.

I'm not saying that he's directly killing anyone, but his posts contributing to an environment of disinformation that most definitely IS killing people.
This. It isn't just zricky or this particular thread. The problem is that these idiots are in other places as well.
I'm trying to imagine the person who's so easily influenced by a car customizing forum thread that they're going to change how they feel about things based on one of his posts. I don't think you can convince me otherwise no one even comes in here let alone who's so impressionable that they're mind is going to be changed by the crazy shit.

And to repeat he is not responsible for other people. They are responsible for their own thoughts and their own actions and putting it on someone else is bullshit.
You are underestimating the power of social media forums. People flock to a forum, build a rapport about one topic and then go back to that forum for other advice.

An intelligent reader, will validate the medical information/advice given on the knitting forum with a doctor (or at least with a medical forum). But that isn't the way it always works. "Susan seems like a really nice person. She's always given me great advice about what wool to use and which needles are best. She sounds credible when she talks about the virus too and she has all those quotes and charts..."

Let's take an example from this forum:

Unreal1 joined this discussion saying something along the lines of "I'm going to a wedding and I'm trying to decide if I should get vaccinated". If we take that sentence at face value, then he was confused and wanted advice.

Now, many pages later, Unreal1 drank the zricky kool-aid and has fully bought into the conspiracy theories and unquestionably false information where the purported data doesn't come close to matching the claims.

There are several alternatives:

Unreal1 was legitimately asking for advice - he bought into zricky's crap and that will harm him.

Unreal1 already had his mind made up. He made that post to make himself appear neutral.

Unreal1 is just a troll.

Are there other alternatives I've overlooked?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Wrong. Consumer masks do not reduce transmission by any significant amount.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

This is just wilful ignorance at this point.

Again, you post a study about a mask protecting the wearer, vice used as vector control to reduce spread. This isn't even debatable. It's why masks are worn in the OR. As vector control to reduce bacterial or viral spread.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion

This. It isn't just zricky or this particular thread. The problem is that these idiots are in other places as well.

You are underestimating the power of social media forums. People flock to a forum, build a rapport about one topic and then go back to that forum for other advice.

An intelligent reader, will validate the medical information/advice given on the knitting forum with a doctor (or at least with a medical forum).

Unreal1 joined this discussion saying something along the lines of "I'm going to a wedding and I'm trying to decide if I should get vaccinated". If we take that sentence at face value, then he was confused and wanted advice.

Now, many pages later, Unreal1 drank the zricky kool-aid and has fully bought into the conspiracy theories and unquestionably false information where the purported data doesn't come close to matching the claims.

Unreal1 was legitimately asking for advice - he bought into zricky's crap and that will harm him.

Unreal1 already had his mind made up. He made that post to make himself appear neutral.

Unreal1 is just a troll.

Copy the post where Unreal1 said that so we can see his exact words not something along the lines of.

This whole thread is an exercise in trolling.

@Unreal1 were you on the fence about getting the Covid vaccine and were you influenced by Zrick’s posts?

1L19

Autocross Champion

An intelligent reader, will validate the medical information/advice given on the knitting forum with a doctor (or at least with a medical forum). But that isn't the way it always works. "Susan seems like a really nice person. She's always given me great advice about what wool to use and which needles are best. She sounds credible when she talks about the virus too and she has all those quotes and charts..."

Unreal1 is just a troll.

Unreal1 is responsible for what he does and does not do. I mean imagine what you are arguing here. Could you possible tell... ever.. if a forum post by anyone was or was not responsible for something? Your "it's their fault" model puts you under the gun as well. Every single thing you do and say is now suspect. If you have Fly Free t-shirt on and some whackado jumps off the top level of the mall while reading it is that your fault?

We are adults and we are free to make up our own mind. People can just as easily reject information as accept it. You want to make your own argument (and where those folks come in I'm probably on your side) that's fine.. you want to squish another person's right to say what they want because of some obscure consequence no one can measure I say fuck that. I'm going to say what I want and do what I want and if you try to blame me for something you did then I will most certainly bat away your suggestion.

With respect. :)

anotero

Autocross Champion
248654683.jpg

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
I'm trying to imagine the person who's so easily influenced by a car customizing forum thread that they're going to change how they feel about things based on one of his posts. I don't think you can convince me otherwise no one even comes in here let alone who's so impressionable that they're mind is going to be changed by the crazy shit.

And to repeat he is not responsible for other people. They are responsible for their own thoughts and their own actions and putting it on someone else is bullshit.
Counterpoint: the sheer number of people who purchased aftermarket DV's after checking out Vortex

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Copy the post where Unreal1 said that so we can see his exact words not something along the lines of.

This whole thread is an exercise in trolling.

@Unreal1 were you on the fence about getting the Covid vaccine and were you influenced by Zrick’s posts?

He makes it sound as if I was some lost soul waiting for someone to guide me. That wasn't the case at all. I didn't join this discussion for vaccine advice. I joined this discussion months ago and just recently asked about being vaccinated for delta. It wasn't that I was on the fence or confused, I had already done my own research and come to my own conclusion. However, all of the data I saw seemed too good to be true, given how freaked out everyone still is. So, I simply wanted to make sure the data I was basing my decision on was accurate and there wasn't anything I was missing. Then, cb responded with sources that validated everything I already knew, which told me my research was accurate and there wasn't anything I had missed.

Zrick had nothing to do with it, if you go back I actually corrected zrick on the data he posted in response to my question. If anything, cb is the one who helped solidify my decision by helping to validate the data. But, this was my own research and own decision, double checking my research doesn't mean I was influenced by anyone.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
This is just wilful ignorance at this point.

Again, you post a study about a mask protecting the wearer, vice used as vector control to reduce spread. This isn't even debatable. It's why masks are worn in the OR. As vector control to reduce bacterial or viral spread.

If the mask does not stop aerosol spread, then it will not protect anyone. Wearer or others around them.

There's a reason they use n95, often with face shields as well, in covid icu's.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
He makes it sound as if I was some lost soul waiting for someone to guide me. That wasn't the case at all. I didn't join this discussion for vaccine advice. I joined this discussion months ago and just recently asked about being vaccinated for delta. It wasn't that I was on the fence or confused, I had already done my own research and come to my own conclusion. However, all of the data I saw seemed too good to be true, given how freaked out everyone still is. So, I simply wanted to make sure the data I was basing my decision on was accurate and there wasn't anything I was missing. Then, cb responded with sources that validated everything I already knew, which told me my research was accurate and there wasn't anything I had missed.

Zrick had nothing to do with it, if you go back I actually corrected zrick on the data he posted in response to my question. If anything, cb is the one who helped solidify my decision by helping to validate the data. But, this was my own research and own decision, double checking my research doesn't mean I was influenced by anyone.
@cb1111 there you go.