GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
goddamnit. I've been rubbing with my 235's for a while now and I'm just a smidge lower than DG's.

What's your wheel specs? Rubbing front or back?

So I've been looking into getting the RSe05s (17x8.0) at 235/45 on DGs. Some folks say I'll rub, others say I won't. Really want to go as fat as I can just so I can make those potholes a bit smoother but without having to roll. Would love your opinion!

And yours too mycrors07 if you're available!

It should be fine. Like I said I've ran 235/40 with 18x8 et41. I only rubbed with 700lbs+ in the back seat. And it was rubbing fender liner which is no big deal at all.

If you wanna go as far as running 245/45 on 17x8 et45, I'd get the front fenders rolled and the rear liner cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Yetti

Ready to race!
you'll be fine

It's a case by case thing with those specs (depending on the offset of course), but you generally should be alright if the offset is ~40-45+

Cool, thanks for the prompt response gents. The wheel offset is +45. Should've mentioned that!

I think I know where my tax return is going!

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
I'm on karthoums with 10mm spacers in the front and rubbing up there a bit. (w/ 235s)

That's all fender liner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Looking at SSR GT3 wheels, 18x8.5 et 37. I know I need wobble bolts, the bore is 72. Since its 37et, will I need spacers? Will I also need tires?

Last edited:

Davespence20

Ready to race!
Looking at SSR GT3 wheels, 18x8.5 et 37. I know I need wobble bolts, the bore is 72. Since its 37et, will I need spacers? Will I also need tires?

Just need hub rings. And I'd recommend a 205/40 tire

CMGTI

Ready to race!
5x112

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Ok, cool thanks

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion

you will need centric rings 72mm to 57.1mm
For tires you can do 205s or 215s, how low are you? i would personally do 215/40-18.
front fenders rolled and MAYBE -2 camber in the rear

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
Guys out there running 10 et35 in the rear what are you running camber wise? Need a number give my alignment guy

Can't you just go inside and tell the guy when to stop turning the wrench when it looks like it will clear, and/or air down to check clearance sporadically? That's what I did.

Anyhow, "Rzarektah" on this forum ran a 17x10 et 35 in the rear, but static.