GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, long time lurker. I have been doing research and I’m just going in circles. About to make the purchase on some Work emotions Dr9. The shop I’m getting them from will custom drill for the 5x112 bolt pattern. But before I drop the cash I want to make sure I’m straight on fitment. Currently stock suspension, looking to go air later in the summer. Would 18x8.5 et38 all around be an issue. I don’t mind a slight poke and stretch look. To add getting the wider seibon fenders.

I think that should work nicely wiith 215 tire. Check the site below, for VW MK6 to get an idea of look & fitment.

https://www.fitmentindustries.com/search-wheel-offset-gallery

SHABAZZ X

Passed Driver's Ed
Wondering what tire size I should run on a 19x8.5 +45? I'm around 2 inches lowered currently on stock rolled fenders. can I get away with 215/40/19?

SHABAZZ X

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, long time lurker. I have been doing research and I’m just going in circles. About to make the purchase on some Work emotions Dr9. The shop I’m getting them from will custom drill for the 5x112 bolt pattern. But before I drop the cash I want to make sure I’m straight on fitment. Currently stock suspension, looking to go air later in the summer. Would 18x8.5 et38 all around be an issue. I don’t mind a slight poke and stretch look. To add getting the wider seibon fenders.
it's gonna poke without pulling some camber, but it could be made to work. definitely roll your fenders if you haven't already. My summer wheels are 18x8.5 +45 on 225/40 and they poke a bit in back. the 2nd pic is a sort of top view so you can see the poke. The design of the rotiform six makes it poke more tho, so if your wheel faces are flat it will be less intense.
Summer Wheels1.jpg
Summer Wheels2.jpg

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
Got some new wheels so I thought I'd post them up. Could have went with more meat but next thing on the list is to install coilovers this summer
18x8 et45
225/40-18

Attachments

• 20210223_114852.jpg
    20210223_114852.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
  • 20210223_113914.jpg
    20210223_113914.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 129

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Got some new wheels so I thought I'd post them up. Could have went with more meat but next thing on the list is to install coilovers this summer
18x8 et45
225/40-18

Oh yeah, you definitely need moar low, what is that like 3 fingers? :LOL:

Love the rotors, good choice.

miele7

Passed Driver's Ed
it'll fit easily, i would do 205 tires up front and 215 rears, I ran some bbs impul's in similar specs with those tire sizes, car was absolutely dumped and never rubbed