GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Have you ran a 392? If so how did it go? I did have a cel on due to faulty cam sensor. Have since replaced.
Don't know if that would make a difference.

Yes 1. A 392 Charger and he gapped me pretty hard buttttt it was a 30 roll and I missed 3rd so it wasn’t a clean run. Other one was a 392 Scat Pack Challenger from a red light I was behind him. Off the line I was spinning crazy through 1st and 2nd, Missed 3rd again 🤦‍♂️ butt he wasn’t gaining much on me.

I have yet to run one from 3rd (my go to roll gear) on a nice open highway.

Edit is was a Scat Pack Challenger (I think).

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
What mounts do you have, what trans mount? I replaced those and very rarely miss shifts these days. However when I do it is 3rd :)

GolNat

Autocross Champion
What mounts do you have, what trans mount? I replaced those and very rarely miss shifts these days. However when I do it is 3rd :)

BFI stage 1, APR pendulum mount and Neuspeed insert. Also have a HPA short shifter and slammer knob. The mounts definitely helped. I have a diesel geek shifter to put on still. It has some slop in it for sure.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
REDEMPTION!
had a boxster S pass me. I caught up dude had his top down. I had already down shifted to 3rd doing maybe 55-60. He looked over and laughed then stomped it. I drove around this mofo!
When he caught back up didn't even give me a nod, didn't even look at me. CSB!!!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
10th Gen Civic Si wanted to play. He lined up for a roll. I was like okay and waited for him to hit. Took him to Gapplebees of course. A few miles up We got caught at a light and went on green. We were both spinning and chirping 1st and 2nd with me slightly in front and increasing the gap with every bite of traction. Once I made it to 3rd it was by by. He tried again at the next light for a short while before honking, waving and making a left. If only I was in the Prelude.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Went for a drive.

Walked a MK7.

Roll raced a newer WRX. We lined up on the highway and he honked it off. I kept it in 4th gear we were doing about 40-50. We were petty even until I hit about 5k then I started pulling hard on him. We came up on traffic and had to back off before I passed him. We both smiled and gave a wave/head nod before parting ways.

autonoob

Passed Driver's Ed
Went for a drive.

Walked a MK7.

Roll raced a newer WRX. We lined up on the highway and he honked it off. I kept it in 4th gear we were doing about 40-50. We were petty even until I hit about 5k then I started pulling hard on him. We came up on traffic and had to back off before I passed him. We both smiled and gave a wave/head nod before parting ways.

Looks like you had so much fun and you somehow made a new friend along the way.