GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Single lane opens up into 2 and then 4 at a stop light. I go over to the right left hand turn lane. Out of no where a Magnum R/T cuts in front of me. Temp tag says it's a 2005. Truck in front of the Magnum and then me behind Magnum. Light turns green and Magnum is not moving. Then he creeps up a little and stops again. Oh ok, I'll go around then. As soon as I go around him he floors it. So I floor it and leave him before he even finishes making the turn onto the highway. I slow down and see him coming up in the left lane. I am in 4th gear around 3500. He is approaching quickly and when he gets close I floor it. He holds even in my blind spot till 90 when I shut it down. He does the flyby, then tries a few more times when I catch back up to him down the road a bit. Gets tired of me pulling on him so he makes a left.

CSB

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Noticed a BMW i8 rolling in the right lane on my way to work this morning. I playfully accelerated by him hoping to entice some shenanigans. I pass him but a mile down the road he takes the bait and hits the throttle coming up behind me. We essentially did a 40 roll with him behind me and I pulled a car length on him up to 90 when we shut it down. I assumed the i8 would be faster than that but it's hard to guess what mid range & top end will be like on a 1.5L turbo hybrid car :confused:

Regardless, it was a fun pull and I got a kick out of being quicker than a $150,000 car (even though maximum acceleration is clearly not the goal of the i8).

Last edited:

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Noticed a BMW i8 rolling in the right lane on my way to work this morning. I playfully accelerated by him hoping to entice some shenanigans. I pass him but a mile down the road he takes the bait and hits the throttle coming up behind me. We essentially did a 40 roll with him behind me and I pulled a car length on him up to 90 when we shut it down. I assumed the i8 would be faster than that but it's hard to guess what mid range & top end will be like on a 1.5L turbo hybrid car :confused:

Regardless, it was a fun pull and I got a kick out of being quicker than a $150,000 car (even though maximum acceleration is clearly not the goal of the i8).
they must use that 369hp in different ways :D LOL.. good on you though

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
they must use that 369hp in different ways :D LOL.. good on you though

Well, considering they were already rolling and tony being a pp ko4 he should be making close to the same hp. about 3-500 weight advantage goes to Tony as well so yes, this is plausible

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Had some fun with an SRT-4. Roads were damp but we did a pull from a stop. I was behind him and I kept up better then I thought I would. Actually started gaining on him in third and had to back it off a bit (I think he shifted). He shut it down once I got into 4th. Always liked the SRT-4. Smelled cat-less and sounded pretty narly!!

Ran into some H20 people on Rt 1. 2 Genesis's and a WRX. Slammed and stanced TSX. They all had painters tape that spelled out something on the back (except the TSX). I am out of touch with the latest trends :iono:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Had some fun with an SRT-4. Roads were damp but we did a pull from a stop. I was behind him and I kept up better then I thought I would. Actually started gaining on him in third and had to back it off a bit (I think he shifted). He shut it down once I got into 4th. Always liked the SRT-4. Smelled cat-less and sounded pretty narly!!

Ran into some H20 people on Rt 1. 2 Genesis's and a WRX. Slammed and stanced TSX. They all had painters tape that spelled out something on the back (except the TSX). I am out of touch with the latest trends :iono:

probably something about sending nudes

GolNat

Autocross Champion
probably something about sending nudes

Yess! That was the one I couldn't remember. Some random old Buick had it on the side of the car. The WRX had IG tag and Genesis said something about slow ass Genesis. I live under a rock!!!

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Well, considering they were already rolling and tony being a pp ko4 he should be making close to the same hp. about 3-500 weight advantage goes to Tony as well so yes, this is plausible

No shade was thrown. Fully respect the CS. Slagged the i8 for lackluster performance.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Uni stage 1+ > Fusion Sport "EcoBeast"

torga

Autocross Champion
Pulled a couple lengths on an incredibly loud Elantra GT that wouldn't stop revving at me for about a mile. With a slipping stock clutch, to boot.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Nardo Grey Audi RS3 with Unitronic decal and a glorious sounding exhaust. Of course I could not keep up but we had some highway fun. I just wanted to hear that WOT 5 cylinder :love:

Infinity Q60 (G37) straight piped. Did a 5th gear pull me behind him and we were even. He started pulling toward the end of 5th and I shut her down. I drove by him to give him a nod and he had this WTF look on his face :LOL:.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Nardo Grey Audi RS3 with Unitronic decal and a glorious sounding exhaust. Of course I could not keep up but we had some highway fun. I just wanted to hear that WOT 5 cylinder :love:

Infinity Q60 (G37) straight piped. Did a 5th gear pull me behind him and we were even. He started pulling toward the end of 5th and I shut her down. I drove by him to give him a nod and he had this WTF look on his face :LOL:.

I may know that RS3, where you located?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

Whats done to your car again?