GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
I have thought about just ripping it out. Or maybe getting a American flag head liner (fuck yea!)
Seriously, thanks for the tip as I had no idea what it would cost but I think 250-300 could be sorted out.
I tried to 3m sticky spray but it came loose again
Haha that would be wild!

I think I even had a rebate or coupon so I only ended up paying something like $175 and they even offered to replace my sunroof switch which had messed up contacts and would open on it's own. It took them maybe 8hrs and I can't recommend it enough. It also stopped the shedding of that annoying yellow fuzz ALL OVER my interior, which was great 🤣

The shop was a place called Pena Brothers Upholstery in SATX, 12/10 shop that also gave me a ton of good information about Lexol products for my leather. Maybe they can recommend a shop in the DFW area or you can make a trip someday! Definitely call ahead, they're almost always booked.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
right on man, Could take a weekend cruise with the wife and get a hotel (because I would be taking her on a little vacation lol)
Sounds like a fun time. I used to work at the St. Anthony Hotel, highly recommend and it's super historic (FDR, MacArthur, John Wayne and LBJ have stayed there). Your wife will probably love it! Give it a quick Google search (y)

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Sounds like a fun time. I used to work at the St. Anthony Hotel, highly recommend and it's super historic (FDR, MacArthur, John Wayne and LBJ have stayed there). Your wife will probably love it! Give it a quick Google search (y)
Man, that place is too fancy for me! It is very nice but not some place I would stay, the wife may just love it though. Seems if I stay there have no money for headliner. Haha
I prefer older buildings and less of the fancy stuff.
One of my local favorites around Dallas
https://www.google.com/search?q=the...noECBcQAg&cshid=1589863497584&biw=360&bih=619

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
So, the Polar by itself isn't accurate enough? Just more of a way to have some idea about whats going on but not exact?
Also, you are running wm with your ko4 set up i assume? Are you tuned or just cooling? And you still run hot doing auto-x
Sorry just trying to gather information
Thx
The polarfis is good for a lot of things but oil temp isn't one, it's a dummy reading. We don't have an actual oil temp sensor from the factory. I'm not tuned for wm, I run. The 93 file and just use meth for cooling. I don't autox much anymore, but I do run 20-30 min sessions on a track

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Man, that place is too fancy for me! It is very nice but not some place I would stay, the wife may just love it though. Seems if I stay there have no money for headliner. Haha
I prefer older buildings and less of the fancy stuff.
One of my local favorites around Dallas
https://www.google.com/search?q=the...noECBcQAg&cshid=1589863497584&biw=360&bih=619
Lmao! This one was built in 1909 and the first hotel in the world to have Air Conditioning! It can be pricey, but the location and history are worth it. I've never seen it anywhere near as cheap as it is right now also. I saw quotes for $159/night, normally they're around 500.

If I'm ever stopping in Dallas I'll check that place out, looks super retro and neat! 😁

While you're in SA, check out Rebecca Creek Road. I found it a few years ago from a motorcycle forum and it's one of the most fun roads I've come across around here.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Ran this guy today. Did a 50 to 140 pull!
Wohoooo. Im ko4 and he was also. I'm apr and he was uni. I assume since I only pulled him literally by a fender that he was making a bit more hp as the gti has to weigh less.
We were both manual, good time!
Just FYI the roads highway in Mexico was wide open

Attachments

• 20200524_135839.jpg
    20200524_135839.jpg
    1,020 KB · Views: 113

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Went out to get a few groceries. Pulling out onto the highway I notice a TSX go by. Duel trash can mufflers and lowered. I thought those came with a V6 option. I catch up to him and get beside him. I hear him downshift like he is getting ready so I get ready too. Once I heard it rev I could tell it was a 4 banger. I look over and he waves me to go. I shake my head no and tell him to get the hit. He punches it and I put a bus on him before I shut it down. After looking it up he had a mid 2000’s which was only a 4 cyl option. The twin exhaust through me off. All the Acura badges were removed and replaced with Honda emblems and it said Euro R which I think it did have the Euro spec body kit on it.

On my way home I come up on a WRX, chassis mount wing and all. I think the gen after the Bugeye. I pass him on a 2 lane back road and then he comes up on me. We turn onto another 2 lane back road and his buddy has the phone ready. So I hang in 3rd and wait for him to come by. He starts passing me and when he gets even with me I punch it. I think I waited to late as he was able to inch me out and get in front. Once into 4th I was starting to gain on him again and had to let off a bit. We slowed it down coming up to a bend. It was quicker then I thought. Definitely tuned and I’m thinking upgraded turbo maybe. Usually rolling, subies don’t get moving that fast.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Anytime I get pulled or its even a close run I want UPGRADES!
I am still running stock TOP and the pipe from IC to throttle body. Think that would help much?
I also had thoughts if bigger turbo, one would think at 42 yrs old i would be more mature. Thats what wife says anyway..

I would think they would help some since you are K04. I have those pipes to put on but was going to wait until I did the intercooler and/or K04. I'm on the hunt for a used K04 kit. Age is just a number :p

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Been an eventful week so far.

Went to get gas after work (11:45pm). It’s about a 10 min drive out of my way to get to the only Exxon gas station near me. I’m coming out to the red light at the intersection and I’m behind a charger (surprise everyone has one). It’s de-badged 2000’s model. Has the rear window cover thing (like mustangs have) and some sorta racing sticker on it. Exhaust, lowered maybe. Home boy isn’t even sitting on the plate to trip the light so I trip it. He makes a left and gets in the right lane. I follow and get into the left lane. He starts playing with the throttle waiting for me. I keep it in 3rd at his bumper. I hit it and as soon as I do my radar detector gives me a Ka Radar beep. As I get to the top of 3rd I get a beep, beep. I am locked in next to him at this point. I go into 4th and start pulling on him and I get a beep, beep, beep. I drop anchor ASAP and go over into his lane. Now my RD is going nuts and as I pass a gas station about a 1/2 mile up I see the signal go from front, side to rear. Turns out there was an officer getting gas but they left their radar on. Might have been okay but I wasn’t taking any chances. Charger kept rolling and if the officer had been posted in the parking lot of the gas station looking for speeders he probably would have gotten nailed. He makes a right into a neighborhood and I continue on my way.

Valentine One for the win 🤘

GolNat

Autocross Champion
this.

was telling someone just yesterday how essential these things are.

Yeah I think people think they are useless nowadays but detectors have adapted to the times. Yes there are a lot more false alarms from car sensors and if you are the only car coming down the highway and the officer does an instant on reading you are screwed. When you combine them with other methods like Waze and having a rabbit when you can, they are a great addition. I run my V1 with V1Driver which is an app that adds additional features to the detector.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yeah I think people think they are useless nowadays but detectors have adapted to the times. Yes there are a lot more false alarms from car sensors and if you are the only car coming down the highway and the officer does an instant on reading you are screwed. When you combine them with other methods like Waze and having a rabbit when you can, they are a great addition. I run my V1 with V1Driver which is an app that adds additional features to the detector.
yeah one of mine i had to desensitize a bit... https://www.valentine1.com/v1-info/how-to-reprogram-v1-radar-detectors/

GolNat

Autocross Champion

I did read that and how you can change all the settings with the knob. I bought a bluetooth dongle for it so I could change the programming with Valentines free app. I have a program for highway, city and one for NJ since they still use X band. It allows me to toggle dark mode on and off and get the alerts on my phone with frequency readout.