GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
On my way back from the car show a guy in a BMW was following me. I zoomed to get around some cars and he followed me so I thought he might want to play. I get over into the right lane and he pulls up next to me and puts his window down. He yell’s 60? I said sure. Drop down to 3rd and hold it around 58-60. I wait for him to go and punch it. Immediately put a car on him and once into 4th put a few between us. We come up to a light a few miles up the road and he puts his window down and says “what do you have done to that thing it’s fucking quick”. I said it has a bigger turbo. “That’s it” he said surprised. I said basically yeah it’s a turbo from a Golf R. He turned around at the light and it was t tagged and de-badged no idea what kinda Bimmer it was. Maybe a 328 or 325. Sounded like it had a tune.
I’ve had my car for over two years and no Mexico action

GolNat

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
🤔 well the Zoh sounded like it was pretty nasty so maybe no one wanted to mess with it and if your GTI is stock maybe that is why.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Focus ST Vs the Lude

Came up on him on my way home from getting some Rita’s. I hear his obnoxious ass car all the time around my house. Pop and bang tune and that’s apparently it because the lude kept up with him. We turned onto a back farm road and I stayed in 2nd to see if he would punch it. He did and I hung behind him all the way to the top of 4th. He might have been slightly pulling but I was super surprised. I figured he would have pulled way more then that compared to the old girl. Stock they have like 50 more HP and I know I Don’t have 195 anymore.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Cool Story Bro:

Came safely ripping around an uphill onramp. Checked to merge and saw a Focus (ST? RS? idk) clearly modded - lowered, Rotis, yellow fogs. Guy flashed his lights to let me in. We cruised for a bit, ended up getting off the same exit but turning different ways. He gave me a thumb up out the window as he drove by.

I think it's so cool when enthusiasts recognize each other, even if they're on different platforms. Especially hatch enthusiasts.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Cool Story Bro:

Came safely ripping around an uphill onramp. Checked to merge and saw a Focus (ST? RS? idk) clearly modded - lowered, Rotis, yellow fogs. Guy flashed his lights to let me in. We cruised for a bit, ended up getting off the same exit but turning different ways. He gave me a thumb up out the window as he drove by.

I think it's so cool when enthusiasts recognize each other, even if they're on different platforms. Especially hatch enthusiasts.
Had a brief encounter with a mk7 on the drive into work on Thursday like this, as he passed me he slowed some could give some 🤙✌ and then he floored it. Pretty sure I was zooming around and he had just caught up when I let off because my radar detector chirped a little... fun when you have the time to pull a bit

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Was on my shake down test after installing the intercooler. Came across a GR Supra. We lined up, I was in 3rd. He honked it off. Took me to gapplebees 😆. Went to the top of 4th and shut it down. He kept pulling away but not as much as that initial take off. It had a snap crackle tune. Maybe had a stage 1 tune.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Was on my shake down test after installing the intercooler. Came across a GR Supra. We lined up, I was in 3rd. He honked it off. Took me to gapplebees 😆. Went to the top of 4th and shut it down. He kept pulling away but not as much as that initial take off. It had a snap crackle tune. Maybe had a stage 1 tune.
I think some of them come from the factory with crackles :(

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I think some of them come from the factory with crackles :(

Oh maybe it was stock then. It was the GR one. Dat mid range power is serious tho.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Oh maybe it was stock then. It was the GR one. Dat mid range power is serious tho.
If it was the 3.0 toyota rates that one at like 386 hp, but people have dynod stock cars at 386-400 hp.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
4th gear roll with a Camaro SS. I started a little ahead and took the hit first. Jumped about a car length then he locked on and we were even to almost the top of th when we shut it down. I think he was inching his way toward me and reeling me in. He gave me a thumbs up when he went by.

I’d like to give the Supra another go now that I put the O-ring where it belongs 🤦‍♂️

4th not 5th

Last edited:

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I came across a grumpy old man this morning in a 2019-2020 Genesis G80 Sport (~365hp/AWD/heeeavy), so we're at a stop light and it's two lanes that merge to one lane, just under 1/4 mile or so down the road. I didn't even plan on a full beans run through the gears, but unbeknownst to me, grandpa was feeling spry after his McDonalds coffee. I had a better reaction and some wheelspin, but his late start and AWD made things pretty equal. Those things are tanks, I managed to get about 2-2.5 cars on him by the time I needed to get over. Always fun to see how the modern stuff compares to our cars, especially when I only have a tune and intake.

CSB for sure.