GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
this past weekend I was on my way home and come up on a challenger r/t at a light. I get into the next lane and light turns green so he takes off and I figure this is the first "performance" car Ive had a chance to play with since I went K04, so I get after it a bit and as Im reeling him in and Im shocked at how fast Im coming up on him since my car doesnt "feel" fast. anyway Im about to pull beside him and I hear a POP. no boost. moral of the story the APR K04 90 degree coupler does not fit well with the ECS turbo outlet pipe. challenger dude not sure if Challenger dude had a surprised look because the pop scared him or because this VW just ran up on him

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
this past weekend I was on my way home and come up on a challenger r/t at a light. I get into the next lane and light turns green so he takes off and I figure this is the first "performance" car Ive had a chance to play with since I went K04, so I get after it a bit and as Im reeling him in and Im shocked at how fast Im coming up on him since my car doesnt "feel" fast. anyway Im about to pull beside him and I hear a POP. no boost. moral of the story the APR K04 90 degree coupler does not fit well with the ECS turbo outlet pipe. challenger dude not sure if Challenger dude had a surprised look because the pop scared him or because this VW just ran up on him
Might just need a better clamp. Or Two.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
R/T's are easy peezy. It probably scared him then he was like POS import hahaha

It should fit pretty snuggly.

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
R/T's are easy peezy. It probably scared him then he was like POS import hahaha

It should fit pretty snuggly.
haha yea without my front bumper on at the moment and primer fenders it looks pretty jaloppy.
I had to stretch the hell out of the silicone that it came with to fit on the outlet pipe. I had another silicone, just too lazy to swap it out until this happened. new one fit 1000X better.

the_horak

Ready to race!
I killed a grizzly bear with my engine revs

clownish

just clowning around
Feels like this happens to everyone. Some people swap to welded but I just tossed a few good clamps on there.

fatvdub

Passed Driver's Ed
^^
SO many questions....but first

1. Is that a bear?!? If so, how big?
2. Did you hit it?
Actually, it is a bear. I live in Alaska this was the first time ever I seen a bear "sleeping" on the side of the road. Im thinking a big rig hit it, there were no tire marks. it was in an area where the is no cell phone service. No, I didn't get out and look at it. All i could think of was a "Far side" comic where there is a bear in the bushes waiting to ambush me.