GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Driver Gear/VWR Spring Thread

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Just a quick update to this, I swapped to VWR springs in the rear because I wasn’t a fan of how much rake the rear DG springs had. So far, I’m liking this setup much more. Comparing the DG springs to the VWR springs, the spring rate and coils look identical, however the rear VWR springs provided an additional 1/2” or so of drop. So I’m running the DG front and VWR rear springs.

13987780-E5A5-4F77-9436-1F1AD415C7F9.jpeg

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Looks sharp! Any difference in how it handles? How are your swaybars set up?

Thanks! I can’t really tell a difference in how the car handles, seems to ride pretty much the same as with the rear DG springs. Both sway bars are set to the soft setting. I’ll know more once I go back to the track next month.

Thatbluevdub

Denver’s I was surprised with how much rubbing I’m getting. Wasn’t surprised with my summer set up rubbing they have an aggressive offset

jedred1

jedred1
I'm looking for some advice. Background: I have DG springs, stock shock/struts all around, SPM 26 front/22 rear ASB set to hard on both. With this set up I have lowered about 1.5 - 2 inch over all. Now I would like to get shock / struts all around to smooth out my harsh ride. I have always thought of Bilstein B6 to be my best options for my set up but I see Bilstein B8's are just about $100 more. So what do you guys think? B6's or B8's

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I'm looking for some advice. Background: I have DG springs, stock shock/struts all around, SPM 26 front/22 rear ASB set to hard on both. With this set up I have lowered about 1.5 - 2 inch over all. Now I would like to get shock / struts all around to smooth out my harsh ride. I have always thought of Bilstein B6 to be my best options for my set up but I see Bilstein B8's are just about $100 more. So what do you guys think? B6's or B8's
The damping rate is the same, the only difference is that B6 is the same length as stock and B8s are shorter for lowering springs. So in your case, you'll want the B8s.

jedred1

jedred1
The damping rate is the same, the only difference is that B6 is the same length as stock and B8s are shorter for lowering springs. So in your case, you'll want the B8s.
DG springs aren't much shorter are you sure

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
Just FYI: I have a set of these new in box for sale, let me know if you're interested. I never installed them on the MK6 but have since moved on to a MK7.5

Side note: Do the GTI VWR springs (VWR31G5GT) work on Golf R?

devqueue

Well I have ordered mine! I will be the guinea pig for 2 Doors. I will likely stick with 18” wheels in the winter but might move to a 19” for the summer. We shall see how the springs affect my decision.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Well I have ordered mine! I will be the guinea pig for 2 Doors. I will likely stick with 18” wheels in the winter but might move to a 19” for the summer. We shall see how the springs affect my decision.
Which did you order and what spring setup? TT strut bearings or stock?