GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

elcid86

Passed Driver's Ed
Use ecs to find the part number then check DAP, EBAY, and anything that shows up on google. Miht lucknout on ebay but a lot of non-OEM stuff on there vaguely masquerading as OEM.

Thanks. I've seen a lot of Chinese stuff on eBay (even when I try to filter for US only...)

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
I just came from a 2JZ based platform. Was possible to get serious hp cheap and very easily. 2nd hand parts floating around everywhere.

Now am trying to get my head around the complexity of the fuel system needed make around 450whp on Ethanol based fuels. Our cars also appear to have 2 fuel pumps which is new to me.

Had a look on google for fuel systems to suit and saw the vendor based kits with prices that don't make sense for what they are. What are most people's approaches here?

Injectors: I saw Opel ZZP 0261500112 for $80 each on eBay. This price looks reasonable, apparently not 'drop in' but easy enough to make work and appear according to my research to support about 30% more than stock. Perfect for what I am looking for.

LPFP: I am assuming the old walbro route is not applicable? Or are they ok to fit? TTRS based pumps can use?

HPFP: I have no idea about this at all. Is it even necessary to replace above for an additional 30% fuel level demands? I see the TTE480 guys sometimes change them and sometimes don't.

Anything else? I see a larger Fuel pressure valve is mentioned a bit in some threads.

GTIpowerr

Ready to race!
Anyone has a black gti with black/tinted rear reflectors? Thinking about wrapping them black, but not sure if it'll look good.

samage80

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's a neat one.

Was trying to install coilovers and it was over before it really began due to snapping my m6 triple square bit while removing the sway bar end link. Kicker being that the snapped piece is stuck inside the threaded stud of the end link. Any tips to extract??? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Here's a neat one.

Was trying to install coilovers and it was over before it really began due to snapping my m6 triple square bit while removing the sway bar end link. Kicker being that the snapped piece is stuck inside the threaded stud of the end link. Any tips to extract??? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

hit the nut with pb blaster and an impact gun. The impact gun should be able to spin it off without needing the triple square to hold it. You'll have to get a new endlink though.

Roctre

Ready to race!
So guys im a little worried the RSB I bought a couple months ago isn't made for the mk6 gti because some sites list it for our cars and others don't but whiteline says it fits. The part number is BWR21XZ so im just wondering if someone has some insight. I did check whitelines site before I bought when I saw tirerack had it on sale to make sure it fit our cars.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
So guys im a little worried the RSB I bought a couple months ago isn't made for the mk6 gti because some sites list it for our cars and others don't but whiteline says it fits. The part number is BWR21XZ so im just wondering if someone has some insight. I did check whitelines site before I bought when I saw tirerack had it on sale to make sure it fit our cars.
So you're worried it won't fit? If whiteline says it will I wouldn't sweat it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion

Roctre

Ready to race!
The only thing I could think the R could be different is the exhaust or awd. The bar might be shaped differently to accommodate that. If that's not the case it should be the same.

Its shaped differently and after holding the bar up under the car i'm pretty sure it wont fit and don't want to waste my time to see if it fits so now I have wasted $215 because im over the 30 days for returns and most likely is no way I can sell this thing in MI since I can't ship it. So short and simple i'm fucked and don't know when i'm going to be able to get a RSB now.

GTIpowerr

Ready to race!
Is this part (pictured below) of the steering wheel remove-able? If so, is there a DIY for it, i think you can just pop it out, right? I dont want to damage it so i thought i ask it here first.

Im talking about the whole lower insert, so not only the GTI part.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Is this part (pictured below) of the steering wheel remove-able? If so, is there a DIY for it, i think you can just pop it out, right? I dont want to damage it so i thought i ask it here first.

That'd be a sweet mod that way I can drive with my thrid leg. Haha

Edit: Just noticed right side driver. Nice! I'd just be careful prying on anything that close to an air bag.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Its shaped differently and after holding the bar up under the car i'm pretty sure it wont fit and don't want to waste my time to see if it fits so now I have wasted $215 because im over the 30 days for returns and most likely is no way I can sell this thing in MI since I can't ship it. So short and simple i'm fucked and don't know when i'm going to be able to get a RSB now.
They should be able to do an exchange no problem if you ship it back to them.

riceburner

Autocross Champion

yes you can simply pry it out.