GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
This is the N75 I'm talking about and the front nipple has no hose on it. Not sure if it's supposed to be empty or not
I checked mine and the part number i have there is 037906283C. And looks different than the one you have there
20220726_182241.jpg

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Yeah mine is a proper N75 with 3 ports vs yours that has 2, maybe a newer rev thing. I did some messing around with it and I think it will work fine with that port open, gonna do a little research on it as well though.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
CCTA. So quick correction on my part. N75 isn't the type of solenoid, it's where it is. So the N75 is the solenoid that controls the wastegate, this one is the N316. Also it's fine as it is, I just may need to run an adjustment or something with vagcom before starting but that won't be an issue.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
CCTA. So quick correction on my part. N75 isn't the type of solenoid, it's where it is. So the N75 is the solenoid that controls the wastegate, this one is the N316. Also it's fine as it is, I just may need to run an adjustment or something with vagcom before starting but that won't be an issue.
Ah ok I was thinking the barbie had something to do with the SAI system

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
How does one tell whether or not their vehicle has the Dynaudio system? RNS-315 headunit btw

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Need to run the GTI through inspection this month. Would this code cause me to not get readiness (I checked readiness and it said catalyst not ready or something) or do I just need to flash back to stock to get readiness and get it through inspection?

C6D0EE11-F980-4A32-A274-D3E6FDC3A62C.jpeg

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Need to run the GTI through inspection this month. Would this code cause me to not get readiness (I checked readiness and it said catalyst not ready or something) or do I just need to flash back to stock to get readiness and get it through inspection?

View attachment 257239
I'm not for sure but as long as you get cat ready and there is no active CEL it should pass. I have the 10yr/120,000 extension on my intake. I just checked the paperwork and it applies to 13-17 models.

smanierre

Autocross Champion

View attachment 257239
Did you drive it enough to get the readiness set on it after the last code clear?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Did you drive it enough to get the readiness set on it after the last code clear?

Well before I cleared the codes I hadn’t cleared any in a year and it was in “not ready” status. Cleared them because there was a EVAP code. Drove it for about 50-60 miles and the CEL popped back on for intake runner manifold. I think it will pass for CEL as long as it is not emissions related (like the EVAP code) but I do need to have the readiness status. I have known about the EVAP code for a few years and assumed that was keeping me from getting ready status.

I’m pretty sure I need to flash back to stock file to get readiness but wasn’t sure if the intake manifold code is emissions related and flashes back to stock will still result in me having to replace the intake manifold. I guess I can run it through and see what they say.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I'm not for sure but as long as you get cat ready and there is no active CEL it should pass. I have the 10yr/120,000 extension on my intake. I just checked the paperwork and it applies to 13-17 models.

Great to hear thanks. There is a dealer up North that is mod friendly so they should be okay to do the warranty work without much fuss.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Well before I cleared the codes I hadn’t cleared any in a year and it was in “not ready” status. Cleared them because there was a EVAP code. Drove it for about 50-60 miles and the CEL popped back on for intake runner manifold. I think it will pass for CEL as long as it is not emissions related (like the EVAP code) but I do need to have the readiness status. I have known about the EVAP code for a few years and assumed that was keeping me from getting ready status.

I’m pretty sure I need to flash back to stock file to get readiness but wasn’t sure if the intake manifold code is emissions related and flashes back to stock will still result in me having to replace the intake manifold. I guess I can run it through and see what they say.
You need to flash back to stock and will likely need to replace the manifold as it throws a cel